Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q For The Ladies - Gelish Removal

Options
  • 20-01-2015 9:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭

Hi

I had some Gelish applied just before Christmas at 5th Avenue. I need to take it off now, but having real problems getting someone to do it!!

Went into 5th Avenue today. They're having work done, so the shop's closed. Blush in Winthorp Arcade is where I used to go, but they've shut.

Went into the beauty salon in the Ballyvolane shopping centre. Guess what? THEIR girl has left and no-one is coming until 3rd Feb...

So - any idea where I could go???

TIA :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

New York Nails, on the south douglas road, belvedere lawn . They take walk-ins.
    http://www.newyorknails.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

Simons in Ballintemple would do it for you... Or you can do it yourself I know mum does this for her shellac nails and it works. Was told kind of in a similar situation where mum wanted to get hers off but the lady was away for a week or so.

Go to the chemist and get some Acetone, Cotton wool pleats and Vaseline. Some tin foil too..Soak you nails in some warm water, then put some Vaseline around your finger as such just outside from where you nail is, soak some cotton wool in acetone, pop onto you nail or finger (try to avoid hitting your skin it wont do anything major but still just be carefull) then wrap around the tin foil to keep in place and then after 20min give them a check... should peel off.. Give them a nice treatment after..

http://www.wikihow.com/Remove-Gel-Nails

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Citywax in Mahon will do it but it costs 10 euro if you didn't get it done there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Thanks for the replies, all! :)

I've made an appointment for NY Nails tomorrow to get the wretched stuff off. It's grown right out now, and looks awful. Booked in to have a paraffin treatment as well. Prices are pretty reasonable - it's only a fiver to get the gelish removed if you didn't have it there. Most places charge at least E10-15. For that, I'll suffer the trip to Douglas! :D

@Milly. Thanks for the tip about the acetone. I've used it in the past to get shellac and acrylic nails off, but didn't know it would work for gelish, and I don't have a scraping tool either. Might try that next time.

Advertisement