Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burglar Alarm wiring

Options
  • 20-01-2015 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

My electrician will be starting 1st fix wiring on my new build in Galway very soon. As i'm living aboard I'd like to include for a good burglar alarm that I can possibly monitor the house from a distance thru the internet?? Is this possible and what wiring do the electrician need to install at this stage?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,346 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Mods, this would get better coverage in Home security systems section.

OP, most good alarms now have good apps.

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Moved from C&P as I feel the OP may get the best advice in here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Cable to each window and door. Try get the electrician to split up the zones as much as he can. Ideally a single cable to each location as it would mean each window/door would have its own zone.

Wire for PIR's in the common areas. A telephone and Internet connection. Keypad in bedroom. Internal siren in common area. External bell. Spare cables in the attic.

Get him to wire for some CCTV as well.

Advertisement