Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

High court judge Comes out

Options
  • 20-01-2015 5:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭

Irelands first openly gay High Court Judge Comes out ,isnt it getting all boring now ?

Are these Coming outs meant to shock ,enlighten or just fill space on chip paper

How long before we have gay clouds ?

or gay trees..

enough allready your gay so what i say ...

(Cant post links till i past the dark lords exam )

independent.ie/irish-news/courts/irelands-first-openlygay-high-court-judge-in-very-happy-relationship-30921621.html

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,153 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

She's been out a long time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Gay is the new islam.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,209 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Irelands first openly gay High Court Judge Comes out ,isnt it getting all boring now ?

Are these Coming outs meant to shock ,enlighten or just fill space on chip paper

or gay trees..

enough allready your gay so what i say ...

(Cant post links till i past the dark lords exam )

independent.ie/irish-news/courts/irelands-first-openlygay-high-court-judge-in-very-happy-relationship-30921621.html

This. and waste server speace on boards.ie

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

One can always download more server space.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Who's next

Dana

Gerry Adams

Gay Byrne

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

or gay trees..

Jodie forester.....

catallus wrote: »
    One can always download more server space.

One can also fell mroe trees.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭AndonHandon

The name of the judge isn't important is it OP?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭FluffyAngel

Im sure you meant space,not quite sure what the full sentence means though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Boring? Yes!

Why start another coming out thread then?

• Advertisement

Im sure you meant space,not quite sure what the full sentence means though

Thou art correct in thine assumption that the filling of space in the papers of the chip-shop is, indeed, said prupose; and, furthermore, I hypothesize that the occupation of space on the servers of this venerable internet forum is also a directive (or, perhaps to be more accurate, consequence) of said reported (in my opinion, alleged) "news" item.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Well, not for you it seems.

Its excited you enough to start a thread on this non-newsworthy story.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

its getting a bit gay mafia around here .

these peoples sexuality doesn't or at least shouldn't effect how they do their jobs.

why do they feel the need to announce it to the public,

i know a guy who is openly gay (lives with partner etc ) works in a very public job in a small town and never makes an of it , just gets on with his job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Meh...

We have a gay turf cutter round these parts.

Up to his balls in peat every day so he is.

Meh...

We have a gay turf cutter round these parts.

Up to his balls in peat every day so he is.

Two gays living in a flat biesdie me
    Michael FitzGerald and Gerald FitxMichael...

So, its come to this has it?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,155 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

mynamejeff wrote: »
    its getting a bit gay mafia around here .

these peoples sexuality doesn't or at least shouldn't effect how they do their jobs.

why do they feel the need to announce it to the public,

i know a guy who is openly gay (lives with partner etc ) works in a very public job in a small town and never makes an of it , just gets on with his job.

Some gay people want to stay quiet about it, others don't. So what if they go public about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭conorh91

I don't think she is the first High Court judge known to be gay. I never understand why judges talk about their personal lives, whether they be straight or gay. It has nothing to do with us, nothing to do with their role, and completely irrelevant to their office. The less we know about judges, their private lives and, by implication, their political views, the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

I've got to admit, when Leo Varadkar came out, I was more shocked that he was only 36!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

conorh91 wrote: »
    I don't think she is the first High Court judge known to be gay. I never understand why judges talk about their personal lives, whether they be straight or gay. It has nothing to do with us, nothing to do with their role, and completely irrelevant to their office. The less we know about judges, their private lives and, by implication, their political views, the better.

What do you call a judge with no balls?

Justice Dick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

thelad95 wrote: »
    I've got to admit, when Leo Varadkar came out, I was more shocked that he was only 36!!!!

Shows how stressful politics must be. Despite all the stick we give them, it must be a draining job. As for the OT, I really don't get what all the fuss is about.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

Look at Obama! Look at Blair!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

He doesn't look that much older than 36. If I were guessing I would have put him at about 40, 41.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

catallus wrote: »
    Look at Obama! Look at Blair!!!

proof as lac of a soul surely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

I'd imagine if I was a big important high profile person that was French*, and I knew that there were a lot of French people afraid of telling people they were French in case awful bad things happened when people knew, that I may possibly, very publicly stand up and say I was French, so they could hopefully see there was nothing to be afraid of, and therefore maybe feel more comfortable about letting other people know they are French too.

(*In this analogy being French symbolises obviousness.)

Advertisement