Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toft Audio

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

i tested one of these a few months back as i was looking for some hardware at the end of the chain in my home setup.

they're cheap and sound great, i just decided i didnt want tubes in the end, i'd prefer something like a 500 frame stuffed with API or similiar.

9999-07445-2.jpg

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 743 Mod ✭✭✭✭TroutMask

Tried one at AES, had crackly controls, sounded OK but not great. Pans were off-centre. Mediocre knobfeel. Went for a Neve front-end in the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭i57dwun4yb1pt8

anything ive heard used, had crackiling switches ( like solos etc )

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Dean Court

Have a TOFT ATB 16 track in our project studio "Soundwave Recording Studios" in Blackrock, Dundalk.
    Sourced from FunkyJunk in London and so far it is performing very well indeed.]

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭peter05

I always thought coming from Trident fame the Toft products would hold up. There is one in Galway, Cant remember if its 24 or 16. The owner seems pretty happy.

There is a chap in UK building custom consoles. Sits somewhere like the Neve/API with that beautiful Carnhill inductor. The channel EQ is akin to the topology of an EQP1A.

Ians a great guy also. He let me build my 5band/2shelves Passive mastering EQ on one of his cut/boost filter schematics and was very helpful with getting me through problems. Powered the loss circuit with a Gyraf SRPP.

http://www.customtubeconsoles.com/

I also have Barry Porters Net EQ that BP designed. I cant speak highly enough of his work. No nonsense design.
    Maybe its a case of demo models been in the field for too long. drifting pots maybe need to be recalibrated somewhere....

• Advertisement
Advertisement