Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fake Goods through Deal website

Options
  • 20-01-2015 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭

Hi,

I bought a product which I believe to be fake through a aggregate Deals type website.
    I bought a voucher from the actual deals website and this was then exchanged with a company for the product.

The product does not work and appears to be fake.

Does anyone know who is responsible for this and do I have any consumer rights in this regard?
    I have contacted all 3 companies and none of them reply to me, although they acknowledge the mails to them.

1. Aggregate Deal website
    2. Deal website
    3. Supplier of the product

Thanks in advance,
    Leuler

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The Revenue monitor counterfeit and pirated goods in Ireland. You could also try contacting the actual manufacturer of the goods.

If you're not getting any satisfaction off the retailers, then you can seek a chargeback transaction on your credit/debit card, assuming you're within the time limits.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭leuler

Thanks dudara, I have just contacted the manufacturer and I will see what they say, I bought it a few months ago and checked it myself and it seemed fine, then gave it as a present at Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭leuler

I contacted the manufacturer regarding this and they have confirmed that it is a fake. They said that I can send it to them, but they won't be able to send it back.
    Does anyone have any idea what my next step could be, I paid by Visa at the time, a few months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

leuler wrote: »
    I contacted the manufacturer regarding this and they have confirmed that it is a fake. They said that I can send it to them, but they won't be able to send it back.
    Does anyone have any idea what my next step could be, I paid by Visa at the time, a few months ago.

Request a chargeback from your bank. If you have confirmation from manufacturer you shouldn't have any problem doing so.

If you are BOI here's the form, otherwise contact your bank to check their procedure

Advertisement