Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Employment Advice

Options
  • 20-01-2015 12:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Hoping for advice.

I left an engineering career in 02 to set up a business which is now gone.

I need a job but i'm way out of the loop.

Any advice on areas I could retrain in relatively quickly?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Give more info, what kind of engineering? Do you have any software experience at all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 9to5

srsly78 wrote: »
    Give more info, what kind of engineering? Do you have any software experience at all?

no. Hardware testing using in house software -non transferable

thanks for ur reply

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Would you be open to Software Development? You have experience in Hardware Testing. I'm sure you could learn about and how to use Linux, C and C++. With Automated testing and Development, you could work with hardware at a low level.

I'll see if I can root out jobs that would match the above requirements later if it interests you.

Itzy wrote: »
    Would you be open to Software Development? You have experience in Hardware Testing. I'm sure you could learn about and how to use Linux, C and C++. With Automated testing and Development, you could work with hardware at a low level.

I'll see if I can root out jobs that would match the above requirements later if it interests you.

Thanks! I'm open to anything I could be competent at!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

http://www.irishjobs.ie/Jobs/C-C-Software-Engineer-7452077.aspx

The above seems to be the only example of a Hardware Job, but with a lot of Software Development, if that's something you'd be interested in working towards.

• Advertisement

Thanks.

How about software testing? Is this a realistic career with retraining?
    Any private company running good courses?

Advertisement