Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ad blue

Options
  • 19-01-2015 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭

Hi folks. We have a new holland tractor that runs on adblue. We filled it 12months ago and it's only down to 70%. This tractor doesn't do any heavy agitating or baling. Never under any major pressure really. Have around 5fills of diesel gone in.

I was talking to a lad and he reckons adblue goes bad after a while. Would ye think we'd need to drain adblue tank and put in new batch.

Just looking for opinions on this please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Cow Porter

happylad wrote: »
    Hi folks. We have a new holland tractor that runs on adblue. We filled it 12months ago and it's only down to 70%. This tractor doesn't do any heavy agitating or baling. Never under any major pressure really. Have around 5fills of diesel gone in.

I was talking to a lad and he reckons adblue goes bad after a while. Would ye think we'd need to drain adblue tank and put in new batch.

Just looking for opinions on this please.

what model new holland, around 300 hours to a tank here on a t6 doing handy work, doesn't use much below 1500 rpm it seems.

how many hours in 12 months, 5 fills of diesel.... ?? jaysus lad you'd want to get those hours up!!

Fairly sure it will last away, ill check tomorrow to see if we still have the empty drum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Mad4simmental

It's just urea and water so I doubt it'll go off.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭happylad

Thanks for replys. It's a new holland t6.155. We have only around 200hrs put up on it.

Just concerned that she is using a lot of diesel compared to adblue. Would it be worth getting it checked out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Blackgrass

Top up adblu tank to brimming when putting away the tractor to keep condensation at bay, keep from exposure to extreme high/low temps and your grand.
    Not to question your accounts but 200hrs in 12 months? surely the 50 odd k would be better spent over a more aged vntage :confused:.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭happylad

Thanks blackgrass for your reply.

Fair point but I'm working as well and I got sick of coming home to our previous tractor that may or may not start depending on its mood when I wanted to feed the animals and also it was always lacking in power to do the work during summer. That and the fact we got a few bad frights in it the previous summer when moving bales. Our area is very hilly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Blackgrass

happylad wrote: »
    Thanks blackgrass for your reply.

Fair point but I'm working as well and I got sick of coming home to our previous tractor that may or may not start depending on its mood when I wanted to feed the animals and also it was always lacking in power to do the work during summer. That and the fact we got a few bad frights in it the previous summer when moving bales. Our area is very hilly.
    Ahh no thats fair enough, peace of mind is worth alot so long as your happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭hedgecutting eddie

They don't use much we have same tractor since march 13 have 2800 hrs haven't use the second barrel of add blue yet ,there's 210 litres in each barrel

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Lambofdave

Ad blu has roughly a two year shelf life once open

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Cow Porter

Cow Porter wrote: »
    what model new holland, around 300 hours to a tank here on a t6 doing handy work, doesn't use much below 1500 rpm it seems.

how many hours in 12 months, 5 fills of diesel.... ?? jaysus lad you'd want to get those hours up!!

Fairly sure it will last away, ill check tomorrow to see if we still have the empty drum

Greenox adblue
    freezing point -11
    Store out of direct sunlight
    Shelf life 18 months when stored below 25 degrees
    Close containers when not in use

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Zr105

6.155 just on 2400 hrs working out about .2l/ engine hr so uses sod all anyways. Cube was included and half still here after 2year and still grand anyways, if your particularly worried throw in a new ad blue filter, there supposed to be done at the 1200hr service but don't think there mad price(is supposed to be a dealer service job I think tho)

• Advertisement
Advertisement