Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for DJ gigs (chillout/deephouse music)

Options
  • 19-01-2015 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all. I recently arrived from Australia to work at UCC. I am also a professional dj and am looking for gigs at bars/cafes in Cork city. I play mostly chillout and deep house music. I use serato. You can hear some mixes of mine on soundcloud (search for guray003 on soundcloud website). If anyone knows of any openings, please PM me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

Maybe get in touch with The Sunday Times/Fish Go Deep crews if you play deep house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Deep house is a Cork stable so there are a lot of guys playing and looking for gigs

Check out ShedFM on facebook and Deep Excavations (Dublin based but would point you better than me).

Check out Fridays in the Trskel as well. Mostly has someone spinning some sort of depth.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Listening to the brown sugar mix on soundcloud - good listening for work!

You might update the thread if you get something going, would be interested in checking out more gigs with deep house in the city

All the best!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

go in to Gulpd cafe in the triskel and ask. Not sure if they pay for the djs in there (it's more of a casual thing), but might good for getting the name out there in the City.

I've heard Edison on Washington St. have DJs too.

you can't go far wrong with Deep House in Cork. It's an institution.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 115 ✭✭nomeban

Apparently Deep House is an "institution" in Cork but the only place recommended is the Triskel Cafe. Is that it? Poor OP.

I'd also be interested in knowing if there are any clubs or pubs that play deep house if somebody can recommend a spot.

I would recommend that OP contacts the folks behind Fusion Radio here in Cork. They might know a thing or two about the scene here.

• Advertisement

nomeban wrote: »
    Apparently Deep House is an "institution" in Cork but the only place recommended is the Triskel Cafe. Is that it? Poor OP.

I'd also be interested in knowing if there are any clubs or pubs that play deep house if somebody can recommend a spot.

I would recommend that OP contacts the folks behind Fusion Radio here in Cork. They might know a thing or two about the scene here.
    Stumbled across Fusion recently and have to say, they play really good music!

The Hanover is known for DJs playing in there, haven't been myself but I know of a guy who's DJd there a few times and he'd be playing deep house I'd imagine.

Well Go Deep is on in The Library tomorrow night as well.

Its true there is not a whole pile of House events nowadays, but that is more down to lack of venues than anything else.

Actually I forgot to mention the pub 6ix on Bridge St. There is almost always some good music being played in there. Colm Motherway when he is playing is great. Superb taste in music.

What frequency is Fusion on. Im getting old so never heard of it.

Fusion is on 87.5.

They were playing house today at 8am on the drive to work. Ridiculous! I mean, the music isn't ridiculous, but the fact that I'm blasting tunes that early in the morning.

Excellent. Will have a blast for the drive home.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Are mucca or ronan c not playing around the city anymore? after they moved the sweat night in henrys to where ever it all seemed to change.

• Advertisement

Heard this evening two DJs were supposed to be playing sets in the Pav - reopened downstairs but moved to The Sextant now due to not getting a late license or something...maybe somebody here heard similar?

gimmick wrote: »
    Excellent. Will have a blast for the drive home.

Well did you have a listen to fusion radio? What do you think?

Completely forgot ffs. George Hook was too entertains :)

I'll try again later.

gimmick wrote: »
    Completely forgot ffs. George Hook was too entertains :)

I'll try again later.

Jaysus you were right when you said you're getting auld ;)

Advertisement