Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pixmania package shipped via Hermes

Options
  • 19-01-2015 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭

I ordered a scanner from Pixmania on Thursday (15 Jan). I received an order confirmation shortly afterwards and the following day, Friday 16 Jan, I got an email that the order was dispatched from their warehouse. A tracking number was provided and the email said "You may track the delivery status of your parcel on the carrier’s site within 24 hours." Carrier is Hermes.

Using the automatic link to track with Hermes says "we expect your shipping information soon." I tried to search manually using the tracking number but it was demanding a postcode. I put in 00000, which is what I used for the required postcode on the delivery address, but get "Sorry, there are no records matching your details. Please check that you have entered the correct information or contact your retailer for assistance."

I know that possibly they don't do any updates over the weekend, but I would have thought that if the package left the Pixmania warehouse on Friday, there should be some record of it with the carrier by now.

The "My Orders" page on pixmania does not show any orders, but I see the money went out of my account on Thursday.

Can any of you comment on your experience with Pixmania and Hermes? Do they ship from the UK?

Thank you
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

leck wrote: »
    I ordered a scanner from Pixmania on Thursday (15 Jan). I received an order confirmation shortly afterwards and the following day, Friday 16 Jan, I got an email that the order was dispatched from their warehouse. A tracking number was provided and the email said "You may track the delivery status of your parcel on the carrier’s site within 24 hours." Carrier is Hermes.

Using the automatic link to track with Hermes says "we expect your shipping information soon." I tried to search manually using the tracking number but it was demanding a postcode. I put in 00000, which is what I used for the required postcode on the delivery address, but get "Sorry, there are no records matching your details. Please check that you have entered the correct information or contact your retailer for assistance."

I know that possibly they don't do any updates over the weekend, but I would have thought that if the package left the Pixmania warehouse on Friday, there should be some record of it with the carrier by now.

The "My Orders" page on pixmania does not show any orders, but I see the money went out of my account on Thursday.

Can any of you comment on your experience with Pixmania and Hermes? Do they ship from the UK?

Thank you

I have ordered stuff off amazon. They have used Hermes on two occasions. Both times I was able to track my package to its destination. I use pm for deliveries. I can't remember having to put in a postcode on their site though.

Advertisement