Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Phone Warehouse - Zagg cover not being replaced

Options
  • 19-01-2015 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

Hello,

I bought a Zagg cover for my Samsung S4 on 17/1/14 from Car Phone Warehouse in Ballincollig which came with a lifetime replacement guarantee.

This is my third time to get this replaced but because the last time it was replaced it was scanned as being a replacement for a HTC phone they are refusing to replace it until their IT department updates the system that it was actually an S4.

The Ballincollig store was out of these covers so I was told they could be replaced in the store in Harvey Normans on Kinsale Road roundabout as per link above.

I called them today and Friday and I called into the store on Thursday but they are not doing anything for me.

Am I entitled to a refund for this as if I am on my third replacement it obviously isn't fit for purpose.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Hello,

I bought a Zagg cover for my Samsung S4 on 17/1/14 from Car Phone Warehouse in Ballincollig which came with a lifetime replacement guarantee.

This is my third time to get this replaced but because the last time it was replaced it was scanned as being a replacement for a HTC phone they are refusing to replace it until their IT department updates the system that it was actually an S4.

The Ballincollig store was out of these covers so I was told they could be replaced in the store in Harvey Normans on Kinsale Road roundabout as per link above.

I called them today and Friday and I called into the store on Thursday but they are not doing anything for me.

Am I entitled to a refund for this as if I am on my third replacement it obviously isn't fit for purpose.
    What do you mean by "but they are not doing anything for me."? Did they give a reason? Even a lifetime warranty may be subject to T&Cs which may limit the number of replacements and the circumstances of failure.
    However going through 4 protectors within 12 months suggests something seriously wrong, either with the product or at your end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭djdunny

If you get no recourse from carphone, you could always contact Zagg direct. They have a link on their website to set up a return and replacement http://www.zagg.com/

Link is located at the bottom right of the page, you'll need to create an account first.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Haven't used it since the S5 came out but that S4 in the pic went through the wars and survived. Yes that's the original thin screen protector still on it.
    I don't use it anymore. Just thrown in a drawer with computer parts and tools on top of it.

Ask for a refund. Your s4 will be fine. Cheap €2 screen protector in Dealz will do it.

Advertisement