Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boom Beach

Options
  • 19-01-2015 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭

Anyone playing Boom Beach? Just started this week. CRAZY ADDICTIVE! Not sure if theres a social aspect to it yet but you never know whats in the pipeline.
    Is it on the Irish App Store yet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Skittle

Been playing for few months now. Seems quite well balanced. I bought one load of Diamonds for €8 and I still have them. You can use the diamonds to make up for resources that you are missing for a particular upgrade. I rarely use Diamonds to hurry along production. Also if you only attack NPC bases you'll minimise the chances that you'll get attacked by player characters. Useful if you want to keep your head down whilst sitting on a load of resources just waiting to get enough to do an upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭7ofBrian

Good advice. Im only playing it a week now and I have to say Im really enjoying it. Only at hq lvl 4 but im getting there. Looking forward to being good enough to join a faction. Maybe we should start a boards.ie one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

It's a great game and it's very addictive. Playing about 2 months now

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Quite liking Boom Beach.

The combat element sets it apart from other 'tap for resources' games, like the Simpsons, which got boring after a while.

The down side is I'm getting raided by more powerful players while the bases around me are more powerful/experienced than me.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Skittle

You will always get attacked by higher players, but you can control the frequency of the attacks. As I mentioned above, if you only attack NPC bases, then that reduces the chances that you yourself will get attacked. Also if you map is almost conquered (i.e. no NPC or human bases on it), then that increases the chance that you will lose a base back to NPC or that a human will attack you. The strength of the person that you become visible to is determined by your Victory Points, try and keep those low and you'll keep of the radar or higher ranked players.

If you are starting off, build up your heavies and zookas, don't bother about defence too much, as most defences can be overwhelmed easy enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

I started this when I was checking out COC and gave this the boot! games are addictive.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

A huge imbalance in resource collection is making Boom Beach a slog.

Every build costing 10 times the wood vs iron with both collecting at similar rates seems silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭stuf

Anyone looking to join a boom beach task force from the beginning? I've just started 'Thora Squad' and have enough Intel for the first operation. I want 3 members before starting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Just set up a task force if anyone is interested. Gonna give it a week and we'll see how it goes. "The Bohemians"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,489 ✭✭✭✭guil

BOHtox wrote: »
    Just set up a task force if anyone is interested. Gonna give it a week and we'll see how it goes. "The Bohemians"

Make sure you don't make it bigger unless you need to. When you make it bigger you get less rewards from ops. You can't downgrade either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

guil wrote: »
    Make sure you don't make it bigger unless you need to. When you make it bigger you get less rewards from ops. You can't downgrade either.

Exactly yeah. Gonna give it about a week to see how it goes. I'm level 45 myself so there's a good foundation there. Would love to work the way up. Was in a group there and we were doing Powder Keg and Upper Lip. Pity because there was only about 15 of us who were actually active in a group of 25.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Blackwell

Good game if you can avoid the VP Wall. Most people rush headfirst into it though. I've only been able to play occasionally lately so the farming style suits. My VP has dropped considerably so once I start playing more actively again I'll be able to smash whoever is on my map.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,489 ✭✭✭✭guil

Anyone looking for a task force? We have 39 pretty active players but always looking for more.
    #2L0Q0Q9J

Advertisement