Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Query about water charges based on number of adults per house

Options
  • 19-01-2015 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi

I'm renting on my own at the moment and my other half stays over bout 2-3 nights a week.

I am thinking of registering for the water charges but not sure how the capped charges work.

I am technically a one adult household so it looks like the charges will be €160 per year but not sure for how many litres allowance. If my other half is over a bit that will increase the litres used. Would I better off registering as a two adult household?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

If your litres are capped I'd register as a one person household. You'll pay whatever the fee is and it doesn't matter if you use thousands or millions of litres as it's capped.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

I guess you should register based on the actual situation rather than what will turn out cheaper :-) But in any case, registering as one occupier will be cheaper: if you are metered and are using less then the allowance for 1 person, you will pay for what you use. In any other case you will pay a fixed charge which is the equivalent of the allowance for one person.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 rock_chic

Thank for the replies. Ya I guess I should put down one person so. Still unsure whether to register. Lots of people i've talked to haven't yet

Advertisement