Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aritech CP42 factory reset itself

Options
  • 19-01-2015 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have an Aritech CP42 and it seems to have factory reset itself while the power was cut over the weekend. We used the default operator code to stop the alarm sounding. We are wondering how much configuration is stored in the memory that has been reset. I'm hoping that most of the configuration is electrical circuits that are not lost in a factory reset.

Obviously I also need a new standby battery, which I am looking into. I work in Dundrum so am looking for a wholesaler nearby.

Thanks,

B

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

All the programming would be lost.
    You would need to programme the zone names, the loop type, user and engineer codes, code attributes, zone attributes and possibly some outputs.
    Any external equipment attached?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Thanks for the response. There is no external equipment as far as I know. There is an internal siren and an external bell which I assume are standard.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

They should be fine unless they are using non standard outputs.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,674 ✭✭✭✭altor

ballooba wrote: »
    Hi,

I have an Aritech CP42 and it seems to have factory reset itself while the power was cut over the weekend. We used the default operator code to stop the alarm sounding. We are wondering how much configuration is stored in the memory that has been reset. I'm hoping that most of the configuration is electrical circuits that are not lost in a factory reset.

Obviously I also need a new standby battery, which I am looking into. I work in Dundrum so am looking for a wholesaler nearby.

Thanks,

B

Have a look here on the suppliers list for a battery.
    I have P.Med you the engineer manual off the system.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Thanks very much. I picked up a battery in nd electrical today. 18 euro Inc vat for 7ah.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,674 ✭✭✭✭altor

ballooba wrote: »
    Thanks very much. I picked up a battery in nd electrical today. 18 euro Inc vat for 7ah.

No probs, hope it helps :)

Advertisement