Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice Place For Valentines

Options
  • 19-01-2015 12:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭

Hi myself and my partner and sister and husband are heading to Cork for Valentines, can anyone recommend a really nice restaurant ~ we have eaten in Hayfield before so not that.

Thank all! XX

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Pecker31 wrote: »
    Hi myself and my partner and sister and husband are heading to Cork for Valentines, can anyone recommend a really nice restaurant ~ we have eaten in Hayfield before so not that.

Thank all! XX

My top ones for that would be :

Oysters
    Club Brasserie
    Huguenot, wine bar downstairs, nice restaurant upstairs. http://huguenotbistro.ie/
    Jacobs on the Mall
    Greene's
    Les Gourmanaise

Outside of the city center, I'd recommend
    Flemings
    Blackrock castle cafe.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

Second for Oysters, although I found the second visit not great. If you can get the taster menu go for that.

If you like something different try Ivory Tower...

If you are looking for something easier then there is Nosta

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭farmerjj

Issac,s on mccurtain street is nice aswell

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 42 sizing europe

Il Padrinos lovely and romantic with classic italian cuisine, good city centre location too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Il Padrinos lovely and romantic with classic italian cuisine, good city centre location too

The food in there is awful. I think for a nice romantic dinner, there's Greene's which is right beside Isaac's on MacCurtain St.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,811 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

No. It's an overpriced kip.

Star Anise is always good.

Star Anise is lovely. Went there for our anniversary.

I was just going to say mmm Il padrinos was always nice, shame to hear tis gone bad

IMO, Il Padrino's was never good! The food was reheated inedible crap, most of which we left. Horrible place, and would never go back. They trade on reputation, I'm afraid...

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭sensormatic

john graces is beautiful,,,,,cheap too

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Les Gourmandises and The Ivory Tower - very nice but pricey.

Greenes is very good , after dinner take a bottle of wine outside (weather permitting) and drink it by the waterfall.

Valentine's night I think is a bit of a crap night to go to a restaurant , very much get em in and get em out kind of a night.

John Graces haha

• Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

The food in there is awful. I think for a nice romantic dinner, there's Greene's which is right beside Isaac's on MacCurtain St.

I was in Greenes before Christmas - what a rip off and the food was absolutely nothing to write home about. Different strokes for different folks though I guess.

Advertisement