Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computer Science and Business

Options
  • 19-01-2015 1:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Just wondering if anybody doing this course was here and could give me their opinion on it as I'm thinking about applying.
    I'm more interested in the computer science side, but I am pretty good at business as well.
    I would apply straight computer science but I don't do HL maths :(.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭MWick94

(bit late, but might still be of some help)

I just finished first year of the course. It's pretty good, I did first year of computer science before transferring to this course and I much prefer it.

In the first two years, you get a pretty even mix of Comp Sci modules and Business modules, but the workload in the compsci stuff seems a lot heavier (more weekly assignments vs semester long essays in business, for example). Then for third and fourth year, you can choose more modules either in comp sci or business, whichever you prefer.

You do a lot less hardware than pure CS students, but I prefer it that way.

Advertisement