Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Duathlon Advice

Options
  • 18-01-2015 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Hi all prob same questions prob posted here over and over. Just looking for 2 pieces of advice for my first Duathlon which is 3k run 18k bike and 3k run.
    (1) should I bring my cycling shoes to use for bike or just use runners. I'm used to using cycle shows on bike but for short spin is it worth it?
    (2) should I use running shorts for it or is it worth investing in a tri suit? ps hoping to do a good few of these in the future
    Thanks in advance for advice guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭king size mars bar

Question 1 yes you should and question 2 yes it is worth it or at least a pair of tri shorts. Best of luck with your first race

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Hi all prob same questions prob posted here over and over. Just looking for 2 pieces of advice for my first Duathlon which is 3k run 18k bike and 3k run.
    (1) should I bring my cycling shoes to use for bike or just use runners. I'm used to using cycle shows on bike but for short spin is it worth it?
    (2) should I use running shorts for it or is it worth investing in a tri suit? ps hoping to do a good few of these in the future
    Thanks in advance for advice guys

(1) I would go bike shoes. You generate more power more comfortably. Just practice changing.
    (2) get a trisuit. Or at least some shorts you can run and bike in. If aiming to do tris go for the suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭mikesavo2003

Thanks I'll go wit my bike shoes so and tri suit will be ordered 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭mikesavo2003

Thanks I'll go wit my bike shoes so and tri suit will be ordered 😄

Advertisement