Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Japanese Oral Exam Questions

Options
  • 18-01-2015 1:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi everyone,
    I have a few questions about the Leaving Cert Japanese Exam. My school doesn't offer Japanese as a subject but I study it independently. I am planning on taking the leaving cert exam.
    1. Is it okay to use the textbooks Genki or Minna no Nihongo instead of Nihongo Kantan?
    2. In section 3 of the oral exam when you randomly select a picture, are you supposed to talk about it in English or Japanese?
    3. When you are talking about the picture, what are you supposed to mention?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 High55hgih

Hey :)

I had Japanese in my school but now i had to repeat cuz of my points last year. But I go to a free Japanese class outside of school every Saturday from 10:00 - 1:00. It's in St. Michael's in the south of Dublin. I think you only need to buy the book not sure. It's because I had my book from last year. What they do is it's 1h30m each class, 1 japanese person in the first class then an irish person (obviously knows how to speak japanese) and they teach you. it's fun. it's from the Language Initiative here's the e-mail (languageinitiative @ mie .ie), contact her.

Now to answer your Q
    1. I think so, my old school I heard used to use Genki.
    2. Japanese
    3. Basically what's in the picture and you need to compare it with western/Irish culture

Advertisement