Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A good website for HKC products

Options
  • 17-01-2015 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭

well, after completing my CCTV project (self bought/installed) IP Cams. My alarm is next.

ive decided already im going with a HKC panel, ive noticed them installed in most places, my own sister has one and seems to be right for me. i like the hybrid board, which if i can remember from last reading about it covers a lot of optioins regarding hardware connectivity.

my frist question is, can you actually buy these through an electrical retailer CT Electrical etc. panels/PIRs/bell

does anyone know of a website that has all the HKC products available with prices? hard to come by.

correct me if Im wrong, but maybe you can only buy through an approved installer.

PC

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

For HKC most suppliers in the sticky & many electrical wholesalers would stock these. If you want more of a challenge why not try the[URL="https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6sJTuagSI_idUJKSGNNd1BTY2s/view?usp=sharing
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6sJTuagSI_iMnRJMWRFX3plVGM/view?usp=sharing"] Siemens SPC range.[/URL]
    A much more interesting system with lots of options for connectivity.
    Outputs , mappings gates X10 etc. If your after a good project you can get this thing to control almost anything.
    You also have full browser access for programming, full IP access for remote access along with free apps & free cloud connection.
    With HKC you will have to buy every app you want to use & you will have to pay an annual subscription to connect to the panel via their cloud.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,674 ✭✭✭✭altor

P_Cash wrote: »
    well, after completing my CCTV project (self bought/installed) IP Cams. My alarm is next.

ive decided already im going with a HKC panel, ive noticed them installed in most places, my own sister has one and seems to be right for me. i like the hybrid board, which if i can remember from last reading about it covers a lot of optioins regarding hardware connectivity.

my frist question is, can you actually buy these through an electrical retailer CT Electrical etc. panels/PIRs/bell

does anyone know of a website that has all the HKC products available with prices? hard to come by.

correct me if Im wrong, but maybe you can only buy through an approved installer.

PC

There are a few online selling alarm equipment.
    Its a lot cheaper working out what you require and buying direct off a supplier on the list here.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I wonder whats the plan for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,674 ✭✭✭✭altor

KoolKid wrote: »
    I wonder whats the plan for this?

This person knows :)

Interesting...
    How have HKC not their Irish domain name.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Whoops. Someone's been a bold boy.

LOL wonder what the plan?
    To get a .ie domain there has to be a business name associated .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Don't think there has to be a business name associated with it, just once you're a registered business.

Bad form of its purpose is to act the cnut, would you not agree?

If acting the C is what its about...
    Bad form of business to let you domain name sit there free though.And the business name if that's the case.

Advertisement