Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mongole bows

Options
  • 17-01-2015 6:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭

Hi lads
    First off, I'm a noob to this thread.
    I've been dabbling in archery a few years, but nothing to consider myself a participant.
    I know a few basic laws and no how to make an arrow go in a general direction!
    I've had a couple of bows over the years, my favourite being 1 of those morelli compound bows.
    I'm now looking for something to tick me over for summer months.

I've just got me hands on a 'Mongole wings' bow that's roughly 50 inches tip to tip unstrung. (Not sure if its compound or long)
    Its made of laminated timbers
    I can't understand anything the stickers on it say, stickers are all in German.

Anyone here know anything about them or able to shed any light?

Can't edit thread title but its mongole, not mongol

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭Genghis Cant

It would be normal enough to have a makers name, perhaps a model, a draw weight often represented by # ( and often at 28"). Occasionally a max draw length could be indicated too.
    Maybe throw up a picture and someone should be able to help you.
    I'd guess you have some type of Mongol Horsebow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭djflawless

From what I can gather from decals is maker is "wings" model is "mongole"..also found a tiny stamp that states 20lb draw weight if that's any bit helpfull.
    Will try get some pics uploaded in a while

So just been googling the bow and found some info on a german website which google horribly translated for me.
    Apparently its a recurve bow with a stand height of 58" (28#)
    Supposed to be a great model bow for the company that went off the map sometime around the mid 80`s.. :|

Advertisement