Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Map or list of all the public bike stations in Cork City?

Options
  • 16-01-2015 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭

Hi.

Does anyone know if there's a map or list of all the public bike stations in Cork City?

Cheers.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,074 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Worztron wrote: »
    Hi.

Does anyone know if there's a map or list of all the public bike stations in Cork City?

Cheers.

www.bikeshare.ie click on Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 12 frankiebouy

Worztron wrote: »
    Hi.

Cheers.

yeah there is a map on coca cola bikes cork website.(sorry i am not great putting up links and all that). to be honest the bike scheme here in cork is not great . the problem is all the bike docking stations are within a few minutes walking distance of each other except for the one in the train station and airport. okay maybe if you are visiting cork but not much use if you are living here like.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,074 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

yeah there is a map on coca cola bikes cork website.(sorry i am not great putting up links and all that). to be honest the bike scheme here in cork is not great . the problem is all the bike docking stations are within a few minutes walking distance of each other except for the one in the train station and airport. okay maybe if you are visiting cork but not much use if you are living here like.

Airport??? Clearly the aim is to start with a core group of stations and then expand once usage has been established. Same as the scheme in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 frankiebouy

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Airport??? Clearly the aim is to start with a core group of stations and then expand once usage has been established. Same as the scheme in Dublin.

yeah none at the airport. but cork is alot smaller than dublin. so some of the docking stations are within 100 metres of each other. there should be docking station out in togher and one or two in northside . its being used alot already i think even in this weather. lovely bikes. i plan to try one out over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

The Kinsale roundabout is dangerous enough without loads of tourists cycling through it:eek:,
    I hope airport bikes remain a dream!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭scuby

download the app on your phone, gives map and you can click on each to see how many bikes are there and how many free stand if you are returning one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

bladebrew wrote: »
    The Kinsale roundabout is dangerous enough without loads of tourists cycling through it:eek:,
    I hope airport bikes remain a dream!

That hill is a ba*tard to get up as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭mire

There are no bike stations within 100 metres of each other surely? Optimum is about every 250-300 metres apart. the idea of having lots of the stations clustered in the central area is that one should be almost within 'eye' distance from a bike no matter where you are on the island. That's a general principle. At the moment, apart from UCC/Mardyle, there are not that many opportunities for longish journeys but that will improve when the rest of the stations are opened and ultimately when the scheme is extended.

The optimum direction for bike traffic in cork is east west - everywhere between ballincollig and mahon - generally flat, thousands of commuters, lots of key employment, retail, educational destinations. opportunities up the hills are limited and would be wasteful imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭Worztron

scuby wrote: »
    download the app on your phone, gives map and you can click on each to see how many bikes are there and how many free stand if you are returning one

Nice one. The website also shows it. There are some greyed out - works in progress. I think it's a great idea. Pity about the sponsor though.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Advertisement