Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco & Verified by Visa

Options
  • 16-01-2015 8:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭

Howdy,

Had a quick look at the 'help' section on tesco site but still no wiser..

Did a bit of online shopping just few mins ago. Total amount came to €72 (inc delivery).
    I had a €25 voucher that reduced the total down to €47 but when paying by debt card, the extra security i.e. verified by visa, the total amount to be debited was shown to be €72 .

The €25 voucher was applied for sure.

I presume the amount to be debited will be €47 and not the higher amount ?
    Any others notice this issue ?

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jaymcg91

Maybe it's because they check that the voucher is valid the day it's picked and delivered and the money is taken, rather than the day that the order is made? So they authorize the full amount in case the voucher is out of date? I don't know BTW, just a theory.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

fuerte1976 wrote: »
    Howdy,

Had a quick look at the 'help' section on tesco site but still no wiser..

Did a bit of online shopping just few mins ago. Total amount came to €72 (inc delivery).
    I had a €25 voucher that reduced the total down to €47 but when paying by debt card, the extra security i.e. verified by visa, the total amount to be debited was shown to be €72 .

The €25 voucher was applied for sure.

I presume the amount to be debited will be €47 and not the higher amount ?
    Any others notice this issue ?

Cheers.

I am having the same issue. I wish to know how it's resolved in your case. TIA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭fuerte1976

OK, I forgot to update this thread..
    The lesser amount with all coupons applied was debited from my account.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

I had this issue only the larger amount was taken from my account. I simply rang them with the code for the voucher and read out the email in my account stating the code had been applied to the shopping and they refunded me the following day straight into my bank account.

Advertisement