Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3g wireless alarm

Options
  • 16-01-2015 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭

Hi there, I'm looking for a 3g gsm wireless alarm system for my workshop, just need a door sensor and maybe a motion sensor, but want the system to call my mobile phone if it goes off and the option of deactivating it with the phone. Any suggestions?
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Does your workshop have broadband?
    If so you would be better using that connection with an app. That way you have no sim charges or call charges etc.
    GSD, Siemens or Risco would be a good choice of system here.
    Are you thinking wired or wireless?

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭doctorchopper

I have wifi in it from the house, I'd prefer wireless but could do wired, no big deal either way

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

And does your broadband work in the workshop?
    GSD have a WiFi option or you may be able to use power line adapters like TP link

yes have good signal out there

GSD have a WiFi card which would be handy.
    Siemens and Risco Lightsys would also be an option using power line adapters or WiFi adapters.
    All those systems are hybrid so you can use wired or wireless.

• Advertisement

cool, thanks ill look into them

No problem. If you need any information give us a shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,674 ✭✭✭✭altor

Hi there, I'm looking for a 3g gsm wireless alarm system for my workshop, just need a door sensor and maybe a motion sensor, but want the system to call my mobile phone if it goes off and the option of deactivating it with the phone. Any suggestions?
    Thanks

Have you an alarm in the house that you could use to set up an area for the workshop?

Advertisement