Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Go pro pole or selfie stick in ireland bricks and mortar shop?

Options
  • 16-01-2015 3:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Flying out to cham tomorrow but my new pole hasnt arrived from china yet.
    Wondering can i buy one for ok money here in ireland/Limerick?
    Any recommendations?
    Thanks
    J

If all comes to all, i'll just use a bit of pipe i have knocking about. same thing if not retractable!

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Conns Cameras have a selection. The cheap sellfie sticks are too fragile so avoid those:

http://www.connscameras.ie/p/gopole-reach/639266102953

Thats DUB BTW, no idea about Limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭fannymagee

YOu can get cheapo ones on Moore St, I know they're not professional but prob similar to what you've ordered from China?! ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭hawkwind23

Seen a few in currys up north , be pretty likely to have them in the big stores

• Registered Users Posts: 23 adricky

If all else fails you could buy an extendable kids hiking pole in the resort village and use the gopro pole mount.
    I used one last year and it work perfect, extends to about 1 meter. Cost me €12.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭AlternateID

adricky wrote: »
    If all else fails you could buy an extendable kids hiking pole in the resort village and use the gopro pole mount.
    I used one last year and it work perfect, extends to about 1 meter. Cost me €12.

I use an SP POV pole. It's done about 4 weeks so far.

Now if you want to be really cool use a pole mount on a branch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭Fattes

Cheap ski pole and mount

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭murria

I got one in Dunnes in the Square Tallaght, before Christmas for €6.95

• Registered Users Posts: 7,125 ✭✭✭prunudo

Dr Nic wrote: »
    Hi,
    Flying out to cham tomorrow but my new pole hasnt arrived from china yet.
    Wondering can i buy one for ok money here in ireland/Limerick?
    Any recommendations?
    Thanks
    J

If all comes to all, i'll just use a bit of pipe i have knocking about. same thing if not retractable!

I got one in powercity last weekend. Not sure if they have a store in Limerick though. Was about €15 or €16, has the Bluetooth connection, seems to be decent build quality.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Airport has them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭DivingDuck

I've seen them in the Vodafone shop in Dublin. Possibly stocked in their stores nationwide?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,022 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Tesco in Athlone and Balinasloe had them, €20 but they have bluetooth built in to take the picture

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭AlternateID

Tesco in Athlone and Balinasloe had them, €20 but they have bluetooth built in to take the picture

Wifi?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,022 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Wifi?

No bluetooth im pretty sure

Advertisement