Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antique fairs

Options
  • 16-01-2015 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hi folks,

I got a piece of junkmail this morning about an antiques fair up in Clontarf Castle this sunday.
    Wondered if anybody has ever picked up a bargain at an event like that.

Might be worth heading to on Sunday afternoon.

Cheers

Pedro

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Got a cool late 19th century clock for a tenner once and a half decent pocket watch for 40 quid. That's about it. The ones in the UK usually have a lot more stuff so you'd be more likely to find something unusual. Ireland historically having a low population and not that much money around especially from independence through to the 90's the high end watch market was small, so few enough end up in the antiques trade. That's been my experience anyway.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭Homer

and Wibbs would know he's been around since the independence :D

*don't ban me*

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

American independence... :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Advertisement