Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Buying a 2010 Prius

Options
  • 16-01-2015 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭

Living in Cork and thinking of buying a 2010 prius. Went to a dealer to look at one but found out there that the car is a uk import and 2 owners which wasn't mentioned in the ad or on the phone. My own car is only worth a couple of hundred at best so I guess it will be like a no trade in. The prius has 60,000 miles (uk car) and only extra is the bluetooth phone but I can see a bit of wear at the edge of the arm rest and the front of the glove compartment has a lot of scratches. Best price he gave me was €14k with trade in. Is this good and is there any disadvantages being a uk import?

Another 2010 prius will be available in a couple of weeks 1 owner bought new from dealer 30,000 km he is looking for about €14,700. There is front and back bumper damage that will be repaired before sale. The story is a neighbour reversed into the back of the prius and pushed in into the wall causing the damage to the front bumper as well. According to dealer there was no chassis damage as was done in very slow speed.

Are the 2 prius worth the money or should I just wait for another to come along? I will have a mechanic to look at the car before the purchase but both cars have points that should I be worried and are the prices good?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Dexter1979

I think I am one of the previous owners if it's a silver car. Can PM you a picture of the car in Italy if you want to be sure :)

The car worked perfectly fine before I traded it in. The glovebox and interior wear was mostly by the first owner. Front bumper was damaged by an idiot trying to go into Lidl Mallow. Just a scraped bumper and license plate mount. I didn't bother replacing it and it may have already been replaced. There was also a small easy to remove dent in the passenger side front door. Other extra this one has is cruise control. Both the bluetooth and cruise control were fitted by the dealer in Mallow when I bought it.

The car was great. I did not have any difficulty at all. Not even a flat tyre. Had it for 2.5 years and drove all around the EU with it. Hence the mileage. It was always maintained and serviced at the Toyota dealer in Mallow. I traded it in for a Renault Zoe at Kearys in Midleton.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,708 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

The UK models are generally higher spec, if you have a choice go for the T-Spirit model, these include 6 cd changer, self parking and reversing camera. Always if buying a UK import do a car history check to verify it hasn't been written off or clocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Block (8

Actually Dexter1979 the car is probably yours the dealer did say the previous owner was from Mallow and a EV fanatic :D
    Doesn't seem to be any damage cosmetically around the body so I guess he fixed the minor damages. Received a phone call regarding the 2nd prius will be arriving mid next week so will take a look and if can agree on price will try and get a mechanic to confirm no chassis damage though the dealer was honest enough to mention the accident.

Dexter1979 is your Zoe new if not why did you not go to the Mallow dealer? Do you use the charging station at the tesco car park and out of interest will the neighbours bother the charging when left alone?

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Dexter1979

Block (8 wrote: »
    Actually Dexter1979 the car is probably yours the dealer did say the previous owner was from Mallow and a EV fanatic :D
    Doesn't seem to be any damage cosmetically around the body so I guess he fixed the minor damages. Received a phone call regarding the 2nd prius will be arriving mid next week so will take a look and if can agree on price will try and get a mechanic to confirm no chassis damage though the dealer was honest enough to mention the accident.

Dexter1979 is your Zoe new if not why did you not go to the Mallow dealer? Do you use the charging station at the tesco car park and out of interest will the neighbours bother the charging when left alone?

Yeah it is new. Dealer in Mallow is not a Renault dealer. I do charge in Mallow a lot but mostly in the evening at the station because of the Neighbours as you say. I take my dog for a walk while the car charges. 80% extra in an hour is great.

With regards to the Prius, as I said a faultless car.

Advertisement