Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AH Assistance Please

Options
  • 16-01-2015 1:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭

Not a car on nutley lane and not a soul then suddenly a man crossed over the road and asked me, in a thick Eastern European accent "where is the port? The one with the containers?". I said Dublin port or dun laoire? He goes "I dunno, the one with the containers, where is it?". I said that it must be Dublin so gave him road direction through ringsend and over the east link (5.5 miles roughly). He had the thickest Eastern European accent and was not drunk at all. He was like the greek's second in command in the Wire.

This just happened to me. Should I just call the Gardai and log it or leave it? This could be nothing, drugs, bombs to be used in the EU or (again) nothing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭corner of hells

And just what were you doing on Nutley Lane ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭AndonHandon

And just what were you doing on Nutley Lane ?

Vincent's hospital, RTE and Tesco; guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

Go on home, Eastern Europeans are allowed visit ports

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

As long as he wasn't asking for the New-clear wessals I think we're all safe.

Scotty, beam me up.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

He had the thickest Eastern European accent and was not drunk at all.

Well :confused:

What?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Chucken wrote: »
    He had the thickest Eastern European accent and was not drunk at all.

Well :confused:

What?

At least he'll be able to carry out his bombing or drug smuggling effectively...and without a hangover tomorrow if he has to do it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Vincent's hospital, RTE and Tesco; guess.

Aha I knew it , you're an employee of............beep beep beep beep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭SweetChaos

Follow him and ask for a cut of his "imports"

Turtyturd wrote: »
    At least he'll be able to carry out his bombing or drug smuggling effectively...and without a hangover tomorrow if he has to do it again.

Ahhh, you're right! Of course!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭TheLastMohican

Ahhh, you're right! Of course!
    Was he wearing a hijab?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Why would you call the Guards? If the man wants to sell drugs or collect bombs, let him.

Think of his family who had an under privileged upbringing. If Daddy goes to jail they'll starve.

Why would you call the Guards? If the man wants to sell drugs or collect bombs, let him.

Think of his family who had an under privileged upbringing. If Daddy goes to jail they'll starve.

That's my attitude. Victimless crimes essentially so I have retired to Ailesbury Road to watch the greatest tv show of them all in glorious HD; the Sopranos. Good night AH.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Earlier, I ask strange Irish guy for simple directions on nutcase lane. He tries to help but he seems very píssed drunk. Now he starts thread on this AH place and tries to make me criminal. So I will have to pay him visit to clear this up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭DeadHand

Why would you consider calling the Gardai at all?

Asking directions in any accent isn't a crime.

Plus, the Gardai don't really bother doing anything about robberies any more do you really think they'll care about this?

Earlier, I ask strange Irish guy for simple directions on nutcase lane. He tries to help but he seems very píssed drunk. Now he starts thread on this AH place and tries to make me criminal. So I will have to pay him visit to clear this up.

I'm not making you into anything. Aren't you commies all about taking words literally and not inferring?

DeadHand wrote: »
    Why would you consider calling the Gardai at all?

Asking directions in any accent isn't a crime.

Plus, the Gardai don't really bother doing anything about robberies any more do you really think they'll care about this?

No I didn't really think they would so I pondered and ultimately decided against it. I only ever considered 'logging' it with them. For all we know they could have a speculative surveillance on Dublin port at the moment and this could have vindicated their suspicions. But we'll never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,111 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Not a car on nutley lane and not a soul then suddenly a man crossed over the road and asked me, in a thick Eastern European accent "where is the port? The one with the containers?". I said Dublin port or dun laoire? He goes "I dunno, the one with the containers, where is it?". I said that it must be Dublin so gave him road direction through ringsend and over the east link (5.5 miles roughly). He had the thickest Eastern European accent and was not drunk at all. He was like the greek's second in command in the Wire.

This just happened to me. Should I just call the Gardai and log it or leave it? This could be nothing, drugs, bombs to be used in the EU or (again) nothing.

Do you have any evideence that he may have committed a crime? If so, yes. But it would have been helpful if you included this in your post.

If not, then why they **** are you wasting everyones time?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭wretcheddomain

Not a car on nutley lane and not a soul then suddenly a man crossed over the road and asked me, in a thick Eastern European accent "where is the port?

Sounds a lot like Linda Martin. Don't worry, this is entirely normal behaviour for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

I'm not making you into anything. Aren't you commies all about taking words literally and not inferring?

No idea what you're talking about. Some Russian dude knocked my door moments ago and asked if he could use my PC. Think his name was Boris...............Boris "The Blade" Yurinov, ya that's the name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

One of the couriers we use, an eastern european lad, asked me today could he use some vd40. "Wha?" says I.

It turns out he wanted to use some spray oil we have, on the hinges on his rear doors of his van. WD40.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

Totally read this in my head as Niko Bellic.

Was he dressed really shabbily but driving a brand new sports car?

No I didn't really think they would so I pondered and ultimately decided against it. I only ever considered 'logging' it with them. For all we know they could have a speculative surveillance on Dublin port at the moment and this could have vindicated their suspicions. But we'll never know.

By a lad not knowing directions??
    Jayzes, Id have to ask as well and Ive a thick Clare accent. Would that rouse suspicion too?

You need to stop watching telly for a while.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Kevin McCloud

Eastern european leaving the country, is the dole and benefits cut or something?

KungPao wrote: »
    Totally read this in my head as Niko Bellic.

Was he dressed really shabbily but driving a brand new sports car?

I'm awake now for the day.

This is what he looked like (the hat) and had a similar laid back but no-nonsense style http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/3b/The_Wire_Vondas.jpg

Presume AH is full of "legalise weed" folk. On an unrelated note of course.

Eastern european leaving the country, is the dole and benefits cut or something?

Inverse dole thread!

Jayzes, Id have to ask as well and Ive a thick Clare accent. Would that rouse suspicion too?

Is that the collection term for more than one Jay Z rapper together?

Few points; on foot and 8km from Dublin Port in the pissing rain at midnight looking to find, not just Dublin Port, but the "port with the containers". Second; for over two decades I have been pounding the Nutley Lane pavement so was surprised by; (1) meeting and being stopped for directions by a randomer so late at night (2) meeting a stray Eastern European (not too common outside of Tesco, particularly at that time) and (3) having met and talked to by a randomer, to be greeted by such odd questions with strange emphasis.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

By the sounds of it, you've been cast as an extra in Taken 4. There's no point ringing the Nyardee, Liam Neesons already gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Was he going to sell caviar to Niles and Frasier???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Joe prim

I just hope you didn't delay him, only my new Ukrainian wife that i ordered off Easteuropeanmodelsandactresses.com is due to be delivered today and there's no sign of the courier.

Advertisement