Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has FONUA kept your accessories on Phones sent for repair?

Options
  • 15-01-2015 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭

This thread is to find out how many Voda customers, who have submitted their phones for repair to FONUA, have received their phones minus accessories or other items.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Why would you send them your accessories?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭wandererz

Why indeed,

I received a defective phone.

I submitted everything i received in expectation of receiving a new phone.

i.e I sent them a defective phone with all accessories and subsequently expected to receive a sealed box, including all accessories.
    ...I did not.
    They instead appropriated my accessories and sent me a phone i could not charge.

Your question does not answer my original question, So why ask it if you're not answering?????????????????????????

Stop trolling.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

wandererz wrote: »
    Why indeed,

i.e  I sent them a defective phone with all accessories and subsequently expected to receive a sealed box, including all accessories.
    ...I did not.
    They instead appropriated my accessories and sent me a phone i could not charge.

Your question does not answer my original question, So why ask it if you're not answering?????????????????????????

Stop trolling.
    If you have an issue with a post, please use the Report Post function rather than replying on-thread. 

Since the question here is about a company called FONUA and not Vodafone, the post is being moved to Consumer Issues. 

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Have you been in contact with Vodafone/FONUA, and what have they said?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Why did you deal with fonua at all?

If it was within the 1st month you should have returned to the co you bought it off for a replacement.

If after the 30 days, the details on the envelope tell you what to send away and details whats included in the pack.

Did you buy online form Vodafone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Does FONUA do Iphone repairs?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Pretty sure Fonua only sells/markets accessories. I'm not sure who Vodafone use, isn't it Fonfix?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,915 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Why indeed,

i.e I sent them a defective phone with all accessories and subsequently expected to receive a sealed box, including all accessories.
    ...I did not.

Stop trolling.

Since Fónua are Fónfix their FAQ tell you to remove accesories before sending in for repair.

The phone not being able to charge is the only issue you have.

Del2005 wrote: »
    Since Fónua are Fónfix their FAQ tell you to remove accesories before sending in for repair.

The phone not being able to charge is the only issue you have.

You are incorrect.

Fonua is Vodafones repair partner / repair arm.
    Any issues with faultyVodafone phones are sent to Fonua for testing.

Vodafone does not tell you this in the first place. As far as the average customer is concerned, the phone is being returned to Vodafone.

Instead, it goes to Fonua.

So, how the heck is one supposed to know to about Fonua in the first place and to read their FAQ??

I do NOT have a problem with "The phone not being able to charge".

I have a problem with the fact that Fonua (as Vodafone's agent) has returned the phone to me without the accessories that i initially supplied.

Stop talking out of your ass about stuff you are only speculating about.

P.S:
    Vodafone, it seems has devolved itself from most of its operational responsibilities.
    - Vodafones customer service is located in Egypt. A third party country outside of the EU, whose service reps have access to your data such as your full name, date of birth, telephone number and address.

- Vodafones testing & repair is done by Fonua, a third party company

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

if you stop abusing people they might be more inclined to help. how did you send your phone to this company? if via a Vodafone store they would have returned all your accessories to you

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

So have you been able to contact them to ask where your accessories are?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

why would you send a phone to Fonua as opposed to sending it into your local Vodafone store. Fonfix do more repairs than just Vodafone btw. You won't get your accessories back if you sent them with the phone. A little more background information would help without losing the cool with other boardsies. How old was the phone itself? If you left it in through a store then they should have told you that they didn't need the accessories and they should be held accountable. If you sent it directly to Fonfix or Fonua why did you do it that way if you don't mind me asking. It will say on the website not to return any accessories etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Op has a post on the VF forum, and seemingly could not return his phone in-store as it was purchased online.

VF staff are claiming that he did NOT return the accessories, and say that he must send them back in with the second defective phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

For what it's worth, the OH broke the screen on her M8 HTC One. Sent it to Fonua / Fonefix and the service was fantastic.

To be fair, as another poster has said, Fonua have it on their website not to send them any accessories and that any SIM / Sd cards will be destroyed.

Did you fully complete the form for sending the phone back. There is a part on there to log an accessories sent with the phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

Why indeed,

...I did not.

Stop trolling.

a very valid question and you eff the poster off - good luck to you.

yeah - why did you send acessories off and why did you ASSUME a complete new phone with all the bells and whistles.

don't assume anything in life

@wandererz - less of the personal abuse to other posters please.

It would help if you could describe how you returned the phone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jaymcg91

delahuntv wrote: »
    a very valid question and you eff the poster off - good luck to you.

yeah - why did you send acessories off and why did you ASSUME a complete new phone with all the bells and whistles.

don't assume anything in life

Exactly. When I've had phone repairs etc done in the past it's explicitly stated "DO NOT SEND ACCESSORIES AS THEY WON'T BE RETURNED".

Strange how this guy didn't know that :/.

hdowney wrote: »
    if you stop abusing people they might be more inclined to help. how did you send your phone to this company? if via a Vodafone store they would have returned all your accessories to you

As to the instructions of the Fonua website, well Vodafone customers logging defective product with Vodafone are not told anything about Fonua in the first place. I logged the complaint with Vodafone, Vodafone arranged for collection of the device and subsequently delivered it to Fonua.

The only time i was aware of Fonua was when the phone was returned to me the first time with Fonua paperwork.

Hope that clears that up.

The topic of this thread asks a simple question. The responses should be "Yes" from the people who have been affected.

Not a diversionary analysis and discussion as to the reason for the OP's actions.

It's great if people have the time to waste to berate the OP for their actions, but it serves no purpose.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

This forum is for people pursuing their consumer rights, I was querying who was responsible for the misinformation that accessories should be returned with their phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

As to the instructions of the Fonua website, well Vodafone customers logging defective product with Vodafone are not told anything about Fonua in the first place. I logged the complaint with Vodafone, Vodafone arranged for collection of the device and subsequently delivered it to Fonua.

You could tell Vodafone that they did not adequately inform you of the procedures for returning a faulty device. Personally I would expect a swap out of all materials not only the device itself.

However your attitude stinks so Id be happy to side with Vodafone on this. You probably should have taken some responsibility for your device & familiarised yourself with the policy.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

You are incorrect.

Fonua is Vodafones repair partner / repair arm.
    Any issues with faultyVodafone phones are sent to Fonua for testing.

Vodafone does not tell you this in the first place. As far as the average customer is concerned, the phone is being returned to Vodafone.

Instead, it goes to Fonua.

Fonefix is the branch of Fonua that do repairs

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

@wandererz. This is a discussion forum. You do not get to tell others what they should post. If you don't like a response either report it as per the earlier Admin instruction, or ignore it.

Ah yes, i see the problem now. It's just one big mess after another.

I did not post the thread in this forum (Consumer Issues).
    I posted it in the Vodafone forum but it was moved to this forum instead by a moderator.

I can see how people were trying to help based on being in a Consumer Issues forum.
    I am pursuing this with Vodafone but was trying to get some idea of how many people experienced a similar issue with their accesories dissaperaing or am i the only one.

My apologies.

Please close this thread.

Thread closed as per OP's request

dudara.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement