Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cadence on Garmin / Strava on Turbo

Options
  • 15-01-2015 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Tried a turbo trainer for the first time and tracked the cadence. My max was 98rpm as seen on the garmin device however when importing into Strava, it only shows max 75?

I checked on Garmin Connect which shows average is 76 and max 98rpm.

Any idea why it doesn't show the correct max? Just wondered..
    Tagged:

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

The data was recorded on the Garmin and I would expect that to be the most accurate record. As a matter of interest though, what average did Strava show?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 LDMurphy

Beasty wrote: »
    The data was recorded on the Garmin and I would expect that to be the most accurate record. As a matter of interest though, what average did Strava show?

I thought Garmin would be more accurate seeing it was the device used. Shows 75 on strava, assuming it only shows the average.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,210 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

LDMurphy wrote: »
    I thought Garmin would be more accurate seeing it was the device used. Shows 75 on strava, assuming it only shows the average.

Strava shows max and average

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

As Beasty said, I'd rely on the Garmin, since it's what recorded the data in the first place.

Strava does miscalculate some stuff and there can be a few anomalies. It's particularly inaccurate when it comes to turbo sessions in my experience.

Advertisement