Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imperial Stout Ice Cream Float

Options
  • 15-01-2015 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭

Has anybody tried one of these before? If so, are they nice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

I've tried a ice cream floats with with a normal stout before. It really works well. I've never tried one with a imperial though.

But I do find ice cream floats work best with fruit beers. Crabbies Black Cherry is great in a float, and probably the only thing it's good for.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Cool. A picture of one came up on the FB feed the other day, Narwhal by Sierra Nevada, and it just got me thinking about. Must try it out sometime. I'd say Leann Folláin would be a good middle ground to start with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

I started with a Yannaroddy. It worked really well with vanilla ice cream.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭lk67

Son0vagun wrote: »
    I started with a Yannaroddy. It worked really well with vanilla ice cream.

Kinnegar Tap House has Yannaroddy flavoured ice cream. Don't think it has any actual Yannaroddy in it though. :(

Advertisement