Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

URGENT - STI Clinic Query - Dublin

Options
  • 15-01-2015 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Just moved recently to Dublin, and had a bit of a drunken one night stand last night. For peace of mind could anyone please recommend where I could go for a private STI Screen and Rapid HIV test? I'd prefer not to go to The Guide Clinic as I've heard from a few friends that you could be waiting up to an hour before seeing someone. Somewhere with a woman doctor as I'm due my smear too (would prefer not to go to my male GP for that haha).

Thanks in advance for any help!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

There is no 'instant' result for HIV - often you have to wait 3 months for an accurate result as it does not manifest immediately. What makes you think it is HIV - did you have unsafe anal/vaginal intercourse with this person and is that the first thing you thought of? If you are really panicked, there is what is called Post Exposure Prophylaxis which has to be started within 72 hours of exposure, but this is at the discretion of whoever is testing you as they will assess the situation.

http://man2man.ie/ has a list of STI clinics. Honestly, if you were that freaked out about having contracted something, the possibility of an hour wait putting you off or the gender of your doctor shouldn't exactly be high on your list of priorities. Be safe always. I'm not sure what gender you are so it's hard to give any advice clearer than that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭berger89

In the city or where? Women's Health place on Cathal Brugha St

Advertisement