Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

teka dishwasher fault

Options
  • 15-01-2015 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭

hi guys i have a not very old teka DW 655 FI dishwasher and it has started acting up since Christmas ,
    it doesn't get any hard use and i do rinse the plates before i load them etc , anyway yesterday it started up fine and ran through a bit of a cycle then started beeping and the first four lights from the left started flashing .
    i can hear the pump still running but it doesnt seem to do anything ,
    ive managed to lose the feckin user manual and i cant seem to find anything about them online ,
    i took out all the filters and cleaned them and added salt to the compartment and checked for any blockages both inside and in the exit pipe ,
    i dont want to ring a technician if it something simple that i can fix myself ,

any ideas lads ????

regards terry .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

pull out the dw and tilt the door towards the floor as much as possible, then stand it upright again and try it. if the problem re occurs it has a leak which needs to be found and sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭greendragon3

thanks mate . ill give that a try .

• Registered Users Posts: 49 jmlfc

Can anyone help me with a Teka Dishwasher fault??

I have a under 3 year old model number DW1 603FI
    It is switching on ok, but that's as far as I can go, it will not allow me to select any program/cycle and simply won't operate after switching it on. So I'm getting power as normal to it nothing has ever changed, just suddenly I cannot select a cycle and it will not start

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

you could try holding the start button for more than 5 seconds and see if it brings the programme back to default., faulty pcb will cause same symptoms

• Registered Users Posts: 49 jmlfc

you could try holding the start button for more than 5 seconds and see if it brings the programme back to default., faulty pcb will cause same symptoms

The power button is actually one which is depressed, I can switch on and off no problem. I've tried holding down the cycle/timer/all in 1 buttons together and individually to see if that would reset something, but no joy...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,499 ✭✭✭micks_address

jmlfc wrote: »
    The power button is actually one which is depressed, I can switch on and off no problem. I've tried holding down the cycle/timer/all in 1 buttons together and individually to see if that would reset something, but no joy...

Hi folks,
    I have a teka dishwasher giving trouble also. It powers on beeps then locks onto the 65 degrees programme with a flashing light. Then the dishwasher beeps 30 times. If I close the door it whirs for a few minutes then stops and beeps every so often..
    Any suggestions? Have feeling as it was a free dishwasher in three year there won't be much warranty past one year on it. I'll phone kitchen suppliers in morning
    Thanks,
    Mick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Greentree_uk

Hi folks,
    I have a teka dishwasher giving trouble also. It powers on beeps then locks onto the 65 degrees programme with a flashing light. Then the dishwasher beeps 30 times. If I close the door it whirs for a few minutes then stops and beeps every so often..
    Any suggestions? Have feeling as it was a free dishwasher in three year there won't be much warranty past one year on it. I'll phone kitchen suppliers in morning
    Thanks,
    Mick

Same problem here did you fix it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,499 ✭✭✭micks_address

Same problem here did you fix it?

Dumped...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Greentree_uk

Dishwasher fixed, turn out there was a hose that had come off, easy fix removing the bottom panel. Hose is short and tight, so likely it works itself loose over time.

Advertisement