Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Club Championship

Options
  • 15-01-2015 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭

Just seen this on facebook that TI will not be running a Club Championship this year..

Seems to be a case of one foot forward, 2 steps back where TI is coming from.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Just seen this on facebook that TI will not be running a Club Championship this year..

Lets just give the award to your club?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,576 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

I see there is a Tri Club Cup (www.triclubcup.com) this year, but unfortunately penned for May 31st, the day after Athy where many clubs will have large contingents surely racing.

What is your club Niamh?

Surely though the only race that matters is Dublin 70.30 so that is the de facto club championships?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

I saw a post about this on cork tri club Facebook page yesterday. Definitely think this is a backward move by TI. Sure the competition will change a lot due to the CAT 1 athletes being taken out of the NS, reducing it's relevance further (shut up Dave) but to lose the competition completely is very disappointing. I know of a few clubs that were planning their teams to ensure they still meet the line-up requirements without their CAT 1 athletes. End result would have been more people completing the NS race requirements that would not have done so otherwise which is surely what TI want to achieve.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

they are running the club relay event right? have seen the LTC and GT guys having a pop off each other about it.

between the super series and the relay, TI is gone very ITU this year

• Advertisement

mossym wrote: »
    they are running the club relay event right? have seen the LTC and GT guys having a pop off each other about it.

between the super series and the relay, TI is gone very ITU this year

I'd say the lads do pop each other off alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

in a way this is a pity and as Bth says has to be a bit against what TI wants to achieve.( i would not see it as 2 step backwards though )

what they should mayble do is to have teams that have one cat 1 athelte , 3 male or female , 2 vet and one over 50 in a team.
    have a gender handicap of lets say 11.5 % . and make the highest scoring 6 people count for a cub .
    just a brain storm, but i do think its good for clubs to have a team to give club an identiy and i think triathlon should refelct that there is a lot of over 40s and 50s in the sport.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Ceepo

I believe they are to continue with the Club Championship
    Details are to be announced re format etc towards the end of the month.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭niamh.foley

i was in Kenmare but now not in any at the moment as i am moving

Advertisement