Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing MB in xbox - what issues should I expect?

Options
  • 15-01-2015 10:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭

It's the original hard disk and cd drive.

Nearly finished setting up all the hardware now. Is the xbox live account intrinsically linked with the original hardware?

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I'm not sure to be honest, I've never had to repair an 360. I've moved consoles, which was fine, they provide a transfer tool, but I don't think that would be relevant here.

This will get a better response in the Consoles Repair forum, so I'm moving it there.

Cat

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

You want to change the motherboard is it? Yes that can be done. You can interchnge hard drives no problem but the dvd drive will have to be flashed with new dvd drive key. You will have to have the new motherboard dvd drive to get the key or you can RGH it and get it that way.

Also you did not mention if it is for the xbox 360 or original xbox.

Original xbox is different and you likely have to mod it to do what you want. In order to get all the required keys.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭euser1984

Hi,
    It's all sorted now - the rf board was at fault! Will there be any issues using the controllers with the new rf board? Haven't got any controllers here...

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

euser1984 wrote: »
    Hi,
    It's all sorted now - the rf board was at fault! Will there be any issues using the controllers with the new rf board? Haven't got any controllers here...

Thanks.

No you just have to re-sync the controller.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭euser1984

No you just have to re-sync the controller.

that's
    cool.... cheers dude

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭smliv

sorry mispost mod please delete

Advertisement