Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you ever won anything online?

Options
  • 15-01-2015 8:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭

15 phones all with their own 3g/4g connectivity. Entered this competition http://www.skoda.ie/competition 17 times (two are dual sim phones) won nothing not even the ****ing water bottle. :(

Yeah I tried cheating it was wrong and I'm sorry fictional baby Jesus but I really wanted that bottle or green cheap sunglasses.

Last thing I ever won was a Siemens phone in 2004 off a Fanta bottle. I didn't even buy the bottle just found the empty bottle picked it up and entered. Since 2008 I have entered loads of competitions on Facebook, Twitter etc and have won **** all. Then again all the info on my Twitter/Facebook is fake even my name.

I bet you I will be bombarded now with Test drive the new Octavia blah blah blah. That's a load of new sims to order.

So whats the best thing you ever won online? Are all these competitions just a scam to get you to test drive the new Octavia?

No fictional prizes please. You are allowed to rub it in/show off your prize to the losers though.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,924 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

A book

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

The Nigerian lottery.

18 times or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Desolation Of Smug

So, how are skoda treating you these days Chris?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Great boot in a Skoda

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

So, how are skoda treating you these days Chris?

I don't work for Skoda :D

To add Skoda cars are the Tesco Value VW and ffs those water bottles are like 20c I should have at least won 5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

I won 2nd prize in a scan.co.uk competition about a year ago. 8gb ram was my reward. 1st prize was a whole gaming rig. . .baxtards!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭FluffyAngel

you sir have won the internet ...

For the most sour/i didnt win anything and im throwing my rattle out of my pram thread ..

For the most sour/i didnt win anything and im throwing my rattle out of my pram thread ..

I wasted 30 minutes of sending call me's IOUs and typing 17 numbers. I think I deserved a mug or a t-shirt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭FluffyAngel

Chris___ wrote: »
    I wasted 30 minutes of sending call me's IOUs and typing 17 numbers. I think I deserved a mug or a t-shirt.

Why would you get a mug for being a mug?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Play lotto online. Won €9 yesterday. The drinks are on me*.

*Drinks limited to tap water, without ice. One drink per person.Subject to availability.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Tzardine wrote: »
    Play lotto online. Won €9 yesterday. The drinks are on me*.

*Drinks limited to tap water, without ice. One drink per person.Subject to availability.

Can I keep the glass.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭wijam

A laptop on a Microsoft LinkedIn competition, that's about it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Sarn

Two Nokia phones, some cinema tickets and a pair of tickets to the last Ireland v Australia rugby match.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 126 ✭✭harrymagina

Ever see the idiots liking and sharing stuff on fake facebook pages hoping they win something? I have to hold back typing your a f in idiot under it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Ever see the idiots liking and sharing stuff on fake facebook pages hoping they win something? I have to hold back typing your a f in idiot under it.

An online marketer's wet dream....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

A Christmas hamper via twitter but they never delivered, crap really, bad customer service

Need a new car (who doesn't) tried the Skoda one the other day, kept getting check your homepage error messages finally gave up,

Apart from that nothing, but I don't enter many,

Imagine how they'd feel if they shared the link and their friend entered it then and won lol.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 126 ✭✭harrymagina

Chris___ wrote: »
    Imagine how they'd feel if they shared the link and their friend entered it then and won lol.

Yes but I'm on about fake pages

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭recyclops

I have won two free meals and night in a hotel in those F**KIN IDIOTIC facebook competitions
    won a trip to a grand prix in barcelona and fair few free tkts.

having little to do in work is handy sometimes

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,258 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Won a €200 voucher from Entertainment.ie a few years back. I read the rules beforehand and it said that you could enter as many times as you want, so I automated the "Enter Competition" process using the Software Testing program in work. I let it run over night, had about 20,000 entries in the morning.

They changed the rules afterwards. Ah well.

• Advertisement

Mostly tickets to music - couple of other small things but not much. Won tickets to that U2 gig in the Astoria London years ago. They sold for a pretty penny.

Won a couple of iPod minis some time ago too - but that was easy as they seemed to be giving 1000s of them away at one point - to the point I wondered if anyone who owned one was actually buying them.

Won a few Nokia Phones back when "Nokia Game" was a thing too. Sold them on too.

Havent really entered anything of late - so have not been winning anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Won a ps vita from sony playstation irelands facebook account.
    Next day entered same competition, won that book of spells game for the ps3.

I won a headlamp on boards a few weeks ago thanks to The Great Outdoors :D

Apart from that, no. Nothing. Never win a thing!

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Won an entry to the Bupa London 10,000 and a swimsuit in separate Twitter competitions last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭UCDVet

99.99% of it is scams. None of it is worth your time.

I remember years back, Microsoft had some thing where they had games you could play and earn points. Then redeem the points for real prizes. It was legit, but impossible to get anything worth having without cheating.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,669 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

About 15 cds , tickets to 2 or 3 gigs, a tablet. I don't really enter too many online competitions these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Shrap

Never won anything online or any other place, except I once won a Murphy's ballpoint pen during a promotion night in a Cork pub. There were only about 6 people in the bar. We all got pens.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

The worst is people liking and sharing a shop's status 'We've bought a lottery ticket, like and share if you want to share the winnings'. I've seen this a few times, wtf!?

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭petrolcan

I won and ebay auction once.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭al_E_kat

An iPad mini on Twitter :D

Advertisement