Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Colin's Study Log!

Options
  • 15-01-2015 2:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Okay hi I just made an account.
    I'm still making my mind up but I'd like to do a TSM Psychology & English Lit or Psychology and Sociology at Trinity, which will come in at around 570.
    Or pretty much any Arts course that I get the points for, haha :P

I really need to pull up my socks from now on, cos for my Christmas Tests I didnt do that well haha.
    I got
    Biology (HL) - 84% - B1 (Happy with but can improve)
    English (HL) - 46% - D2 (Disappointed with, honestly)
    Maths (OL) - 57% - C3 (Terrible teacher, I moved from Honours a week before exams stupidly)
    Home Ec (HL) - 68% - C1 (Started Home Ec this year, happy with it)
    Irish (OL) - 61% - C2 (surprised cos I'm terrible at it)
    German (HL) - 51% - D1 (Kind of disappointed with this aswell)
    Music (HL) (havent gotten a result yet.)
    LCVP (CL) - Didnt get a test in it.

I'm not sure about my hoped for results,
    Biology - hopefully an A1, I adore Biology!
    English - anywhere in the A/B range, so need to work on it.
    Maths - Likewise, A/B, probably will study at home instead because of the teacher.
    Home Ec - A2 hopefully
    Irish - Anything that isnt a fail I'll be happy with.
    German - hoping to improve, aming for a B2 maybe?
    Music - A1/A2, love music
    LCVP - Distinction hopefully!

Hopefully I'll keep to this, and if anyone has any questions/comments/words of encouragement it'd be mighty appreciated :P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 ChloClifford

Do you have any study tips for biology? I love it but it just doesn't stay in my head and I never give enough information in my answers :(

• Registered Users Posts: 30 cxxlin

Do you have any study tips for biology? I love it but it just doesn't stay in my head and I never give enough information in my answers :(

I dont really have any tips, because my teacher compiles the important bits of a chapter into a powerpoint and then gives us revision sheets and exam questions to do. I honestly think it's just about fortifying the information. Try the powerpoint method, or just jot down the important parts and find some exam questions to do on each! If you are going to do it and dunno what the important parts are I can help all you need to do is pop me a DM :)

In other words, I've kinda been slacking off cos I havent been in the right state of mind but today I wrote out notes (summary and characters) of Dís. Not much but better then nothing! I'm also doing my first draft of my Home Ec Assignment.

Also, I got my music result back, which was 63%. My music teacher was delighted with it, which I'm not completely sure why but y'know, take the compliments while you get em!
    (Maybe it was because the girl beside me got 7%, who knows)

cxxlin wrote: »
    I dont really have any tips, because my teacher compiles the important bits of a chapter into a powerpoint and then gives us revision sheets and exam questions to do. I honestly think it's just about fortifying the information. Try the powerpoint method, or just jot down the important parts and find some exam questions to do on each! If you are going to do it and dunno what the important parts are I can help all you need to do is pop me a DM :)

We learn biology through Irish in school and even though I'm a fluent speaker I learn better in English so really I'm teaching myself biology and coming out with like 45% and it's owhere near where I want to be :( do you use flashcards ? I'm ok studying the human body but when it comes to photosynthesis and plant stuff I'm hopeless !! :(

We learn biology through Irish in school and even though I'm a fluent speaker I learn better in English so really I'm teaching myself biology and coming out with like 45% and it's owhere near where I want to be :( do you use flashcards ? I'm ok studying the human body but when it comes to photosynthesis and plant stuff I'm hopeless !! :(

Biology through Irish? What in the name of god...
    & yeah i use flashcards, it makes things way easier...
    Thats a really sucky situation buddy, I'm sorry :((

• Advertisement

It's Kay :) thanks :)

Advertisement