Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Energia meter reading refused

Options
  • 14-01-2015 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am trying to submit my meter reading on the energia website, but its refusing it, it gives me the message, Reading seems to be outside permitted limits. Please check this reading. Can anyone tell me why i'm getting the message?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭the world wonders

daywalker wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me why i'm getting the message?
    Yes, these guys can

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭zagmund

I've had this with them for the last few months. Short version - their system is a little broken. After a few months of zero or low readings (like no gas used in summer because you have solar heating) the system decides that you should only be able to submit minuscule readings and won't accept actual (normal winter level) readings.

Ring them up and they will take the reading from you. It's a pain, but not the end of the world.

z

• Registered Users Posts: 9,773 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

Did you try entering through the ESB Networks site? It might be a bit more flexible. The reading will be forwarded to the supplier within a day or two of submitting on ESBN.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

I think their website is a bit on the blink at the moment. We are having trouble viewing our bills

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Eldarion

zagmund wrote: »
    I've had this with them for the last few months. Short version - their system is a little broken. After a few months of zero or low readings (like no gas used in summer because you have solar heating) the system decides that you should only be able to submit minuscule readings and won't accept actual (normal winter level) readings.

Ring them up and they will take the reading from you. It's a pain, but not the end of the world.

z

Not exactly the biggest vote of confidence in their IT systems/developers if they can make such a huge gaff as that. These are the same guys storing your personal and, more than likely, your financial information too. Makes you wonder how locked down their systems are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭daywalker

Unfortunately their call centre is only open from 9AM-5PM and by the time I remembered that I needed to ring them about it on the way home from work this evening it was 5:30, so i missed them again :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,624 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

I recall Airtricity had this problem before, submitting readings just stopped working, hence we left them (among other reasons as well).

Now it's happening with Energia. I've just received a bill with an estimate which (thankfully) isn't far off the actual reading so I'm not too bothered but if this isn't fixed in 2 months by the time the next bill comes around I'm going to take my business elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

They'll only let you submit readings within a certain time frame too, a week before and a week after the bill date or something like that I think. My last three gas bills have been estimates as I've missed this window for submitting readings. Mentally preparing myself for the adjusted bill next month.

They'll only let you submit readings within a certain time frame too, a week before and a week after the bill date or something like that I think. My last three gas bills have been estimates as I've missed this window for submitting readings. Mentally preparing myself for the adjusted bill next month.

I got the notification e-mail yesterday and the bill today.. giving me one day!

Would be better if they submitted the e-mail at the start of the week instead, giving us a few days to input the reading, rather than having us check online periodically to see when we can submit the reading.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 mazdaroy

You can always send the read through the livechat (even if it is offline) this will get picked up and submitted for you.
    mrcheez wrote: »
    I got the notification e-mail yesterday and the bill today.. giving me one day!

Would be better if they submitted the e-mail at the start of the week instead, giving us a few days to input the reading, rather than having us check online periodically to see when we can submit the reading.

As ESB and Gas Networks Ireland send them reads, their billing system will produce a bill when it is due when a read is recieved. If it is an estimate contact them and they will change the bill to your read.

• Advertisement

mazdaroy wrote: »
    You can always send the read through the livechat (even if it is offline) this will get picked up and submitted for you.

I sent through the read (via chat, contact form & email) back on 21st and got a response yesterday to say they updated it 6 days later.

The whole point is that we need to be able to submit the reads ourselves through the system as advertised, rather than having to phone up.

I have a gas bill pending soon so curious to see if the online submission will be working then, if not then I'll call to find out why it's not fixed (and inevitably have to give the reading over the phone).

Advertisement