Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cowboy plumber. Is there anything that can be done?

Options
  • 14-01-2015 6:27pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 60 ✭✭

A friend of mine bought a house and employed a company called <SNIP> to install solar heating and plumb the house for it.

The job was done very poorly and included pipes not fitted correctly, leaking pipes and a problem with the heating in the upstairs of the house.

A new plumbing company was hired to fix the problem and they were shocked at how poor the previous job was. The total cost to have the issues rectified was in excess of €1000.

No surprise that <SNIP> are now no longer answering calls or texts from my friend.

Is there anything that can be done? I don't think theres a plumbing regulatory board in Ireland so would a solicitor be the first port of call or is it a waste of time?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Small claims court. Get the money back for the "remedy" work.

Advertisement