Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where best to study F9?

Options
  • 14-01-2015 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

I have completed f4,f6 and f7 in DBS and was satisfied with the tuition provided there. However I am hearing mixed reports in relationt to studying f9 there. Anyone have any recommendations in relation to where might be the best place to study this subject in Dublin?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭annaP79

hey

i would recommend First Intuition Ireland - lecturer is called Garret Mulvin, few years ago I asked as well here on boards.ie as I wasn't sure where to do F9 and someone recommended that place to me

he is very good, well organized , makes that subject easy to understand and , at least 2 years ago the class was very small! approx 10 people, i dnt know how it is now though, in DBS classes tend to be very crowded for some subjects

all the best with F9

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Sariah

thanks anna I will definitely check them out

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭ACCA1916

I went to DBS for all mine so far except F8 Griffith. This is what I found so far & how i'd rate lectures.

F1 - Terry Lawless 8/10
    F2 - James Browne 6/10
    F3 - Ann Keohe 7/10 (with indep now)
    F4 - Sharon Sheehan 8/10
    F5 - James Browne 6/10
    F6 - Julie Hawkins 9/10
    F7 - Gerry Fahey 8/10
    F8 - Umesh Rana 7/10 (Griffith)
    F9 - Marcus McInnerney (6/10)

So they are all pretty good and most people perhaps judge lecturers based on passing. Regards, F9 I found Marcus to be slightly arrogant and his hand writing is dreadful which is off-putting when you cant understand what he is writing down.

Heard great reports too on some of the independent and Griffith lecturers as well as Garret Mulvin....who nobody has a bad word to say.

Best of luck with it.

Also City Colleges too, you should look at, their time-timetables are up as well on their site. They seem to have very good lecturers there too.

Thanks for the steer. F9 seems to be on a Mon night in all the colleges except dbs, which is on a Wed which would suit me better.

• Advertisement

Best of luck with it, Marcus is not a bad lecturer by any means but he wouldn't be my favourite.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Liliana22

Garret Mulvin in First Intuition (previous BPP) is brilliant. He is very thorough and dedicated lecturer and his notes are great. There is no need to go through any other book. I have done F7 & F9 with Garret and passed both with good marks. I intend to do P2 with him shortly. Classes are really small which is good as you get loads of attention from the lecturer. The college facilities are great as well. See other post re Garret Mulvin F7 & F9 (that is how I found Garret).
    Last year I had my classes on Tuesdays...
    All the best with f9.

I ended up going to independent with Mick Bristow, first lecture tonight very easy to follow and kept my interest.

Good choice....By all accounts he is very good...friend of mine passed with him and was very happy with him.

For some reason DBS lectures start a week later than everyone else this year which leaves you a week less for the exams. I switched from them to Owen O'Reilly in City Colleges for P subjects and initial impressions are excellent plus you have a month to prepare for exams with tuition finished early May.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 alwaysaculchie

F9 - Mick Bristow of Independent is excellent. I scored high marks with little stress with him and he's very easy to follow.
    F7 - Noel Daly of Griffith is excellent.
    Exemptions for all other Fs bar F8 which I am looking to do this term with one of Shaun Browne or Terry Lawless based on feedback on this website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

Anyone do F9 in Griffith with Michael O'Grady?
    If so, is he any good?

Advertisement