Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motorcycle boots

Options
  • 13-01-2015 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭

I bought a pair of motorcycle boots before Christmas, top of the range gore-tex €350 worth.

First time I wore them I got blisters in both heals which I have no problem with as they a big leather boots that I know will take a while to "break-in". After about the 2nd week the left on broke in nicely but the right boot keeps causing blisters and irritation as there is a raised bit of cushioning in the heel that won't flatten down.

Brought them back to the shop today and was told that will take longer to "break-in" (they are now a month old) and if I wanted to give them back they would have to send them back to Germany for the manufacturer to decide if there was and issue with them which would take about 6 weeks and if they decided there was nothing wrong I would be charged the cost of postage.

While I was there I checked all the other boots on the display the same model as mine. None of which had the same raised cushioning sticking out.

They sprayed some "shoe stretch" on them and said to give them another week and if I still wasn't happy they would send them back to the manufacturer.

Can I just demand an exchange or a full refund?

Advertisement