Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Job Alert- Aer Lingus Summer positions

Options
  • 13-01-2015 7:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,467 ✭✭✭

There are sometimes posts here about how to get a job at the airport and so on. Well, Aer Lingus are starting recruitment for Spring/Summer Customer Service Agents, Baggage Agents and Cabin Appearance staff.

https://aerlingus.recruitment.northgatearinso.com/lgrl/ is the link. Hope it is of use to somebody :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭man98

Are Cabin Appearance staff cleaners?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Evan_M

man98 wrote: »
    Are Cabin Appearance staff cleaners?
    From the job description: The work is physically demanding and involves working as part of a team to clean and dress aircraft cabins, galleys and toilets to tight deadlines whilst adhering to strict health, safety and security standards. So, yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Anyone any idea what pay these would be at?

I thought dublin airport would hire baggage people, not aerlingus?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

Airports don't employ any one in these positions. It's ground handling agents or the airlines direct who would be the employers.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Beersmith wrote: »
    I thought dublin airport would hire baggage people, not aerlingus?

Airlines handle their own bags....or have a handling agent do it for them.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Does anyone know what it's like to get to the airport using public transport for early morning shifts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Chloris

No jobs going in Cork with Aer Lingus, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭jimbis

Last year they had short videos up on YouTube explaining the different jobs on offer. I'm sure they're still there. I went for the cabin appearance operative as it seemed interesting and busy. Yes technically your a cleaner but c'mon it's a plane your working on so it's not your average 'scrubber' job:D. Plus if your kept on there's always a chance to move to different jobs in the company.
    Your gonna have to be very flexible with hours though, it was a 20 hour contract but the interviewer told me that most weeks you'll be doing around 40 hours, a phone call to come in early or stay late etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭Jack1985

Nim wrote: »
    Does anyone know what it's like to get to the airport using public transport for early morning shifts?

In Aer Lingus after 9.30pm and prior to 9am on ground positions which require you to work shift-work e.g. 4am starts etc, you will be provided with substantially discounted transport from door to door.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Beersmith

jimbis wrote: »
    Last year they had short videos up on YouTube explaining the different jobs on offer. I'm sure they're still there. I went for the cabin appearance operative as it seemed interesting and busy. Yes technically your a cleaner but c'mon it's a plane your working on so it's not your average 'scrubber' job:D. Plus if your kept on there's always a chance to move to different jobs in the company.
    Your gonna have to be very flexible with hours though, it was a 20 hour contract but the interviewer told me that most weeks you'll be doing around 40 hours, a phone call to come in early or stay late etc.

Did you find out about pay?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭PurplePrincess

Jack1985 wrote: »
    In Aer Lingus after 9.30pm and prior to 9am on ground positions which require you to work shift-work e.g. 4am starts etc, you will be provided with substantially discounted transport from door to door.

Just in relation to this, transport is only provided if you live within the "transport zone" which if my memory serves is a certain radius out from the gpo. Not everywhere is covered.

Just in relation to this, transport is only provided if you live within the "transport zone" which if my memory serves is a certain radius out from the gpo. Not everywhere is covered.

Well of course, it's hardly expected the company would be collecting you from say Bray? Within the radius is Swords and Tallaght - So if you're in between both you're covered within the transport zone.

Jack1985 wrote: »
    Well of course, it's hardly expected the company would be collecting you from say Bray? Within the radius is Swords and Tallaght - So if you're in between both you're covered within the transport zone.

Your post implied that transport was provided based on the shift times, I was merely clarifying that that's not the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭tennis12

What way does this transport work?
    They send a car or pay for a taxi?

tennis12 wrote: »
    What way does this transport work?
    They send a car or pay for a taxi?

They use a mix of their own vans and taxi's. The discounted charge is deducted from your wages.

Vans are no longer used. Taxi's by NRC.

Advertisement