Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Watch Advice please

Options
  • 13-01-2015 5:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks

I would really appreciate your advice. My wife bought me a £100 Amazon Gift Voucher for XMas and I have about €150 to put with it (so about €270 in total)
    Want to buy mans watch, automatic or manual from Amazon - average sized wrist - nothing too big. Need to use for office and casual - not sports.
    There is really not a great selection - a lot of 'designer' brands. Some nice Seiko I think.
    What would you suggest I could buy from Amazon?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,244 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Yeah, there's some awful tat on Amazon to wade through. Seiko always a good option. I don't know if Junkers are any good, but they've caught my eye a few times. There's some nice looking Orients there as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭LorMal

Eoin wrote: »
    Yeah, there's some awful tat on Amazon to wade through. Seiko always a good option. I don't know if Junkers are any good, but they've caught my eye a few times. There's some nice looking Orients there as well.

Thanks Eoin. Never thought of Orient. Any good?

LorMal wrote: »
    Thanks Eoin. Never thought of Orient. Any good?

Yep, good value for money in general. They're owned by Seiko, but don't know if they share components.

Yep, good value for money in general. They're owned by Seiko, but don't know if they share components.

thanks - having a look at the Mako now

Nice choice. I think they come in 2 sizes; the 41mm is probably a better size for an average wrist, and wearing with a shirt.

• Advertisement

Nice choice. I think they come in 2 sizes; the 41mm is probably a better size for an average wrist, and wearing with a shirt.

Thanks. Any views on Zeppelin or Junkers anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭art

That was what came to my mind when I read your post, get a Junkers/Zeppelin, it's what I'd go for (e.g. Junkers Bauhaus) but then I saw you didn't want quartz; be hard to find an automatic for that price on Amazon, Orients and Seiko 5s will be your best bet I think.

art wrote: »
    That was what came to my mind when I read your post, get a Junkers/Zeppelin, it's what I'd go for (e.g. Junkers Bauhaus) but then I saw you didn't want quartz; be hard to find an automatic for that price on Amazon, Orients and Seiko 5s will be your best bet I think.

Actually art, they do have few Junkers and Zeppelin Autos under 300. I really like the look of them but I don't know if they are any good...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭art

LorMal wrote: »
    Actually art, they do have few Junkers and Zeppelin Autos under 300. I really like the look of them but I don't know if they are any good...

Yeah, they are a respected make, both brands being manufactured by the same company in Germany, though still obviously, at that price point, a "budget" brand, but certainly you'd expect a quality finish to the case. The internals are usually japanese but they do vary, it will depend on the model. Again though, they will be dcent enough movements, probably miyotas (i.e. made by the Citizen watch company). I certainly wouldn't hesitate to get one I liked the look of, though I tend to veer, by inclination, from more popular brands like Seiko and Tissot, say.

Having said the latter, this looks very good value mind:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tissot-T-Sport-T17-1-586-32-Silver-Stainless-Steel/dp/B000OGP3XY/ref=sr_1_58?s=watch&ie=UTF8&qid=1421181822&sr=1-58

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭blindsider

There's one left.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Junkers-Cockpit-6150-2-Automatic-Aviation/dp/B006GQOAAI/ref=sr_1_9?s=watch&ie=UTF8&qid=1421194909&sr=1-9&keywords=junkers

Junkers are not one of the original Flieger suppliers to the Luftwaffe (Laco, Stowa, Laenge u. Soehne, Wempe and IWC...

...but who could resist a Flieger at that price with a name like Junkers Ju52?

ju52-02.jpg

AND it's an auto.....:cool:

• Advertisement
Advertisement