Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway Airport Re-Opens Today for GA

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭notharrypotter

EICM GALWAY AERODROME IS LICENSED FOR DAY/VFR OPERATIONS IN CLASS G AIRSPACE ONLY.
    INFORMATION CONTAINED IN AIP SUP 06/14 CONCERNING RADIO NAVIGATIONAL AIDS IS STILL VALID.
    NO ATC SERVICE IS PROVIDED

A1068/14

• Registered Users Posts: 10,102 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Aerohead, that's a false and misleading thread, the airport is open for flying club aircraft, GA visitors and for corporate aircraft in a deal with Weston Airport. it has not re-opened in any other way, other for people involved in aviation.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,467 ✭✭✭highlydebased

The Galway Independent newspaper posted this on Facebook today and alot of backlash as you would expect as it's a bit misleading, people even began commenting asking when the flights to Manchester and Costa del Sol were starting :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,905 ✭✭✭Storm 10

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Chuck Aaron

Plan on flying in there one of the days, looking forward to ticking that box.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Alaba320

Aerohead, that's a false and misleading thread, the airport is open for flying club aircraft, GA visitors and for corporate aircraft in a deal with Weston Airport. it has not re-opened in any other way, other for people involved in aviation.

So how is this misleading? It is re-open, yes?

If you jumped to the conclusion that it was open for the A380 to come in, that's your own fault.

I find nothing misleading about the OP's thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,102 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Nice one chuck, make sure to visit the GFC when you fly in. Nice hanger and club house there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,841 ✭✭✭squonk

Alaba320 wrote: »
    If you jumped to the conclusion that it was open for the A380 to come in, that's your own fault.

I think if Galway was now taking A380's we'd all be talking.

In fairness it always had the air club based there even when 'closed' didn't it? When I read 're-opened' I thought commercial also. What's the point otherwise unless you're learning to fly or a flyer?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,905 ✭✭✭Storm 10

The IAA allowed the Galway Flying Club to continue to fly from there, the Airport was totally shut until yesterday, this is from local radio today

Galway Bay fm newsroom – The sight of planes landing at Galway Airport will become a common occurrence over the next few months.
    The airport based at Carnmore has re-opened to commercial flights.
    Carnmore Aviation Limited, a company owned by the Conneely Group in Ballinasloe, is operating the airport under an aviation licence until May this year.
    The group also owns Weston Airport in Dublin and staff will be shared between both airports.
    The first commercial jet under the new licence landed today (13/1) from Stuttgart in Germany.
    It has a crew of 2 and seven passengers who intend to stay in Galway for a short visit and also travel to Connemara.
    Two more planes are due in on Sunday, weather permitting.
    The Irish Air Corps is carrying out an audit of Galway Airport this week and Coastguard search and rescue helicopter operations staff will also carry out their own audit.
    Last month, consultants were appointed by the councils to carry out a feasibility study on the future of the facility in Carnmore.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Chuck Aaron

Nice one chuck, make sure to visit the GFC when you fly in. Nice hanger and club house there :)

I've a feeling the misses will be with me, might leave her there altogether if she's wearing her crankypants that day.

Believe you me, no better girl.

• Advertisement
Advertisement