Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Learning code

Options
  • 13-01-2015 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have 9 months of 'free time' before I start a masters in marketing, ultimately wish to go on and get into digital marketing.

With my free time now I figured it would be an excellent chance to learn some code. Would anyone recommend anywhere (online preferably) that I could learn from that will help me with digital marketing? and what language would be the most useful?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Omega28

Any thoughts on CodeAcademy?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭RealistSpy

I started using hackerank and I would recommend it. It gives you programming practical questions to attempt.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Aswerty

RealistSpy wrote: »
    I started using hackerank and I would recommend it. It gives you programming practical questions to attempt.

Genuine question here but is that not more of a vanity tool (slash recruitment tool) for capable programmers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭bpmurray

I also think Hackerank is a hiring site.

Good places are codecademy.com, Udemy, Khanacademy.com, and you may well find stuff that's aimed at the complete newbie on CoderDojo's site, kata.coderdojo.com under learning resources.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Omega28

i have started with codeacademy.com and currently doing the 'interactive website' tutorial, so far, so good! I am finding Javascript/Query a little tricky though vs HTML/CSS

Advertisement