Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tinder Problem! Can anyone help?

Options
  • 13-01-2015 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi,

Just trying to figure out what the heck is wrong with my Tinder app? I've tried everything from reinstalling both Tinder and Facebook to tweaking my settings to rebooting my phone but every time I try to log in it shows me a message stating "we cannot connect to Tinder at this time" and that is a Server Error. I have an iPhone 5C with iOS 8. I could potentially be missing out on the man of my dreams!! :'D :D

Can anyone help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

It's for the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

You need to unlink it from your facebook. There should be an app setting on your facebook where all apps are linked. If you unlink\delete it from there, uninstall it and install it again it should work.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

delete tindr, download grindr

• Registered Users Posts: 16,545 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Sure just post your picture up here and all the wild banter shall follow on ;)
    Who needs tinder when ya have loads of horny men 'n' women desperately looking to hook-up on boards.ie?
    Think of the wedding speeches?!!!
    Tis much better to say "we 1st encountered each other during a heated debate on www.boards.ie, and intrigued we decided to learn more about each other"
    Rather than....
    "The filthy exchange on tinder led a quick meet up, and sure here we are!"

On a serious note, the "server error" message points to an issue with Tinder's side of the app rather than your handset.
    https://downdetector.com/status/tinder indicates that there ongoing issues with the app at the mo ;)
    And unlink it from your FB too, that can cause issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them. . .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Wossack

take the hint...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭Daith

It never works for me unless I'm on WiFi for some reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Forced breakdown through facial recognition software. Have you tried being better looking?

Use firelighters?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

What's with all the Tinder threads ? Not able to afford real adversing ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

The vain game!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Oh no... Tinder isn't working... How theee fcuk will the human race ever repopulate.

Oooooohhh wait I know..... How bout you get up off your hole and actually meet a person in a pub,nightclub, on the streets, in a shop etc etc instea f being on a site where every blokes sole purpose is to get his bit off ya and fcuk off on ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭Sinister Kid

That's tinder mass-rejecting you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Oh no... Tinder isn't working... How theee fcuk will the human race ever repopulate..

I don't think people use it with the express intent of procreating.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭davidfitz22

Oh no... Tinder isn't working... How theee fcuk will the human race ever repopulate.

Oooooohhh wait I know..... How bout you get up off your hole and actually meet a person in a pub,nightclub, on the streets, in a shop etc etc instea f being on a site where every blokes sole purpose is to get his bit off ya and fcuk off on ya.
    Yes the most upstanding members of society always congergate to the nightclub. Nightclub people are who you want to avoid.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭Daith

Cos no guy you meet in a pub or nightclub just wants his hole for the night!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Gill_Murph

And you don't think people in a pub/nightclub are the exact same?

I'm not going on it to find "the one", just got curious, a lot of my friends are talking about it and it's all in the name of banter after all, is it not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Are you banned from it OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

It works for me

Hope this helps

xxx

Are you banned from it OP?

No, i wouldn't see why I would be banned of it when I've barely used it before.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

...instea f being on a site where every blokes sole purpose is to get his bit off ya and fcuk off on ya.

All guys are looking for that all the time in every situation.

The ones that aren't just got trapped by some young wan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Gill_Murph wrote: »
    No, i wouldn't see why I would be banned of it when I've barely used it before.
    Maybe you were reported for not putting out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

anncoates wrote: »
    I don't think people use it with the express intent of procreating.

Most guys use it with the express intent of getting a ride.

Daith wrote: »
    It never works for me unless I'm on WiFi for some reason.

Out of curiousity what network are you with??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

It seems evolution has gone technical and is making up ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Zemuppet

If you really need the ride, would Coppers not suffice?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

Out of curiousity what network are you with??
    I'm on 3 with the same problem. Renders it fairly redundant.

WallyGUFC wrote: »
    I'm on 3 with the same problem. Renders it fairly redundant.

Ok it's obviously just a three thing so as I, too, am on Three. I'm sure if we got the web filter lifted, it would work. Not too bothered about it anyway, just wanted to go on it for the banter really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

Ok it's obviously just a three thing so as I, too, am on Three. I'm sure if we got the web filter lifted, it would work. Not too bothered about it anyway, just wanted to go on it for the banter really.
    Yeah. I'm sure it'd be quite annoying for those who like to use it in clubs and pubs to see if there is any potential match in the same establishment but of course I wouldn't be one of those........

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Thinly veiled "I have an iPhone" thread!

Advertisement