Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Scrapheap challenge overclock

• 13-01-2015 10:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭

So for a bit of fun and to have spare lanning pc for old games I got a refurb optiplex 745 small form factor off ebay for 50 bucks.

I stuck in a gt730 and it all works, but shes just that bit short on power, if i could get another 20-30% out of the graphics + cpu it would be grand.

Cpu wise its a core 2 duo e6300. Nothing can be done in the bios as per typical. Some people have had luck with setfsb, but my mobo has a no name pll so it doesnt work. I think a bsel mod is the last choice but i cant find any details.

Gpu wise the 730 seems to be underclocked, its benchmarking at 40% of what it should be, not sure if its because its pcie 1.0, passively cooled/low profile, the cpu is slow or that nvidias xp drivers are naff now.

Finally some ram is running at 333mhz and some at 400mhz, is it worth finding all 400 mhz ram somewhere ?

Comments

Advertisement