Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1 for the Mods

Options
  • 13-01-2015 6:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭

So Mods,,
    If I said something negative about Islam/Muslims, how do ye decide if its derogatory and delete it and hand out bans,infractions.
    OR
    Consider it to be part of a right to free speech and just pass it off the same as boardsies saying negative stuff about their own religions/terrorist organisations. Eg , Catholicism, ira, uvf etc???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

djflawless wrote: »
    So Mods,,
    If I said something negative about Islam/Muslims, how do ye decide if its derogatory and delete it and hand out bans,infractions.
    OR
    Consider it to be part of a right to free speech and just pass it off the same as boardsies saying negative stuff about their own religions/terrorist organisations. Eg , Catholicism, ira, uvf etc???

There is no such thing as free speech on Boards.

It all falls under the old "don't be a dick" rule.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

If I was a US citizen and was to publish a magazine giving out about blacks and drawing Obama as a monkey would the US not try and stop me. It's a limited free speech.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭djflawless

But an opinion that's expressed as free speech. does it just fall to the mind of whoever reads it?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,411 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

djflawless wrote: »
    But an opinion that's expressed as free speech. does it just fall to the mind of whoever reads it?

You don't have free speech or free opinions.
    They're the same with Catholicism and other religious bashing in fairness.If you like it or not is another story.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭The Domonator

Neeson wrote: »
    If I was a US citizen and was to publish a magazine giving out about blacks and drawing Obama as a monkey would the US not try and stop me. It's a limited free speech.

But Muslims aren't a race, not sure what that comment was supposed to achieve...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

This is more suited to the feedback forum http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=82

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement