Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm looking for a barber that doesn't tear the scalp off you.

Options
  • 13-01-2015 12:30am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 115 ✭✭

I've tried a few different barbers around town and they tear the head off me especially when it gets to the thinning shears bit.

Can anybody recommend a good barber who goes gently on the old ceann? I've a feeling they're gonna make me bald if I keep this up. The last girl i went to literally tore my hair out instead of cutting it.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Where are you based? Burakat Barbers in Blackrock next to super valu is where I go. Reasonably priced and the two lads in there are great. I actually travel from Ballyphehane to go there. Check them out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 115 ✭✭nomeban

Roar wrote: »
    Where are you based? Burakat Barbers in Blackrock next to super valu is where I go. Reasonably priced and the two lads in there are great. I actually travel from Ballyphehane to go there. Check them out.

But are they gentle on the ceann? I'm based in the city center.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭brevity

There is a place across from milanos (or near abouts) on OP street that I went to before Christmas. Its a bit manic in there, the two lads are characters, but I got a damn fine haircut.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Why dont you just ask them to take it easy? Like say that you have weak hair or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,834 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Went to a place on Washington st last year, small shop, they did a good job (took off way too much for my liking but that's a different issue). The place in Merchants quay just opposite Dunnes is pretty decent as well imo.

• Advertisement

Went to a place on Washington st last year, small shop, they did a good job (took off way too much for my liking but that's a different issue). The place in Merchants quay just opposite Dunnes is pretty decent as well imo.

The place in merchants quay is where I was scalped.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

nomeban wrote: »
    The place in merchants quay is where I was scalped.

I know the place your on about,had a bad experience in there too and never went back,
    Grafton barbers are a place I've heard good things about.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Golden Scissors - pricey but very good from what I've been told

Lancaster Barbers - gone here the last two haircuts myself, quite good, would suggest trying

• Registered Users Posts: 34,057 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Barbers in North Main Street called Rebels I think.

Found them very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

62-4432100SPA72UC580941X.jpg

€32.99

Argos

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

D'Agger wrote: »

Lancaster Barbers - gone here the last two haircuts myself, quite good, would suggest trying

Are they in the city centre?

D'Agger wrote: »

I actually got the best haircut ever in the Golden Scissors! Got it cut by a Malaysian or Thai guy. I think he's the owner.

Went back there twice to get a haircut from him since, but he wasn't on duty so had to find another place.

I definitely recommend him to everybody if you're lucky to catch him there.

Never heard of Lancaster barber, will check them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Are they in the city centre?
    Golden Scissors is, Lancaster Barber is just before Jurys/River Lee Hotel on the opposite side of the road

My buddy has gotten his hair cut by a girl in Golden Scissors twice and he's been delighted with the job she's done so sounds like they have good staff based on nomebans talk of the potential owner

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭sozbox

Musa on daunt square has been cutting my hair for years, would highly recommend a visit.

Turkish barbers in the English market are pretty good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Missyelliot2

Guy in Ballinlough Road is great! Across from the Chinese take away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

nomeban wrote: »
    I actually got the best haircut ever in the Golden Scissors! Got it cut by a Malaysian or Thai guy. I think he's the owner.

Went back there twice to get a haircut from him since, but he wasn't on duty so had to find another place.

I definitely recommend him to everybody if you're lucky to catch him there.

Never heard of Lancaster barber, will check them out.

The best haircut I ever got was in the Golden Scissors too. I think the guy you're talking about is called Ryan. He is very good and he does spend a great deal of time on cutting your hair. He has with me anyway, I never got the feeling he was trying to rush me out the door like what happens in some other places sometimes. The Golden Scissors is a bit on the pricey side. I really only go there if I have a wedding or something like that coming up.

The Turkish place in Douglas (the one on the same side of the road as the South County) does a decent haircut too. That's where I'd go for a regular cut, costs about a tenner. I don't like having my hair cut by a razor as I don't like being scalped either. I just ask for a scissors cut.

Advertisement