Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You know you've spent too much time on Boards when....

Options
  • 12-01-2015 10:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭

I was at a pre-communion Mass with one of the kids over the weekend. Elderly priest was talking away and mentioned something about Corpus Christi and I distractedly mumbled Fat Christy without thinking.

My young lad asked me what I said but I just fobbed him off; couldn't really say that a boards member who posts regularly on AH wandered into my subconscious.:eek:

So AH, what has signaled to you that you've been spending too much time on boards?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

The Peanut wrote: »
    I was at a pre-communion Mass with one of the kids over the weekend. Elderly priest was talking away and mentioned something about Corpus Christi and I distractedly mumbled Fat Christy without thinking.

My young lad asked me what I said but I just fobbed him off; couldn't really say that a boards member who posts regularly on AH wandered into my subconscious.:eek:

So AH, what has signaled to you that you've been spending too much time on boards?

Don't smoke crack mate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

You know you've spent too much time on here when you joined only to look at funny pictures and now have over 7k posts and two car build threads :o

I'm a disgrace :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭AboutaWeekAgo

My girlfriend mumbled Fat Christy last night when we were making love. I was worried that there might be a fat man called Christy getting with her behind my back but I guess she just spends too much time on boards as well :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I can't see why any priest on the feast of the Baptism of Our Lord would use the term Corpus Christi.

You're bluffing.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,141 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

My girlfriend mumbled Fat Christy last night when we were making love. I was worried that there might be a fat man called Christy getting with her behind my back but I guess she just spends too much time on boards as well :)

you should be worried, fat christy is a roide!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

When blasting something with piss is the first port of call when trying to find a solution for any problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

smash wrote: »
    When blasting something with piss is the first port of call when trying to find a solution for any problem.

Or kicking them in the face

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭The Peanut

I can't see why any priest on the feast of the Baptism of Our Lord would use the term Corpus Christi.

You're bluffing.

For the handing of the communion to the Eucharistic ministers, body of Christ in Latin is Corpus Christi. But, thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Or kicking them in the face

If all else fails, just shout "your ma".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

When you start to automatically dismiss someone in an argument about something but then realise you shouldbt be a raging **** in real life.

Getting trivially annoyed at things.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

The Peanut wrote: »
    For the handing of the communion to the Eucharistic ministers, body of Christ in Latin is Corpus Christi. But, thank you.

It's not used in the Latin form anymore. You're welcome!

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

When you look for the thanks button on WhatsApp chats or text messages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭Sheep Lover

When you refrain from telling a racist joke in public

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Shouldn't that be Corpulent Christi?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

You know you've spent too much time on here when you joined only to look at funny pictures and now have over 7k posts and two car build threads :o

I'm a disgrace :(

Lightweight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭The Peanut

anncoates wrote: »
    Shouldn't that be Corpulent Christi?

Far too clever for AH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

If he was behind your back in that scenario then him getting with her is the least of your worries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭Señor Fancy Pants

Having a conversation with two other people, end up rolling your eyes at the bull**** and wishing I could scroll down to the good bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭AboutaWeekAgo

If he was behind your back in that scenario then him getting with her is the least of your worries.

Oh god, I thought it was just the dog that was doing that :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭NotCominBack

Fyi Fat Christy is a woman, and Corpus Christi is a summons

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

When you see someone post and know more about them than some of your best friends.

Oh there's X, he likes Mars bars, showers once a day unless he's been to the Gym(then it's twice) and is voting yes in favour of SSM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Lucifer MorningStar

Did the Padre mention anything about me in the sermon ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭Pwindedd

When you start to automatically dismiss someone in an argument about something but then realise you shouldbt be a raging **** in real life.

Getting trivially annoyed at things.

Oh my goodness, this is me. I'll automatically find a reason to "debate" pretty much any topic that comes along. Trying to be smart and different, when really I'm just being a massive tit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Had a diachrome dream once where everything was in hideous, monotonous shades of blue and grey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

When you're getting physiotherapy for carpal tunnel and you miss your appointments because you're refreshing the Paris Charlie Hebdo thread for new posts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Desolation Of Smug

She isn't even fat, ffs. And she's single.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭TheBeardedLady

When any article I read related to paedophiles, Feminism, the dole, muslims, travellers, obesity, atheists, god....any fooking thing at all, in fact makes me think of After Hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Fat Christy

What the fcuk!!! There's too many people thinking about me and not enough people riding me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Fat Christy

YOU PEOPLE ARE WEIRD! I DON'T KNOW YOU LOT, STOP FOLLOWING ME AROUND!

Man I regret that gangbang on Saturday night. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Desolation Of Smug

What the fcuk!!! There's too many people thinking about me and not enough people riding me.

Yeah, good one. Way to be feckin subtle. I told you to act all feckin coy...

Advertisement