Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Data protection request

Options
  • 12-01-2015 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

I wonder if anyone can advise why a company can reject the below Data request on the grounds that it can only be processed on their forms / stationary

18th December 2014

Re Account ********** Complaint ***********

To whom it may concernI wish to make a request for the following information relating to my Account ****** under section 4 of the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003. Please find attached a Postal Order for 6.50 to cover any fee.

Firstly I request a record of all calls betwenn myself and UPC (time and dates) between 1st July 2012 and 18th December 2014. The majority of these calls would have been made to / from **********

This is requested because there is a differencebetween my own recordsand notes, the amount, dates and content of this communication as claimed by UPC.

Secondly either transcripts or digial copies of said calls.

Thirdly I request a copy of all notes made by UPC employees on my file, and a copy of all information held about me and my account on UPC systems, including any internal communications /emails referencing me or my account.I also request a copy of all corespondance sent to either my home addresses of **************** (former) and *************** (current) or to my personel email ***********

Lastely I request that the names and / or employee number/ shortcodes be supplied which each entry as applicable.This request has been hand delivered to your office on18/12//14. Taking into account of the maximum 40 days to provide this information by legislation I expec to recieve this information by 28th January at the latest.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 29 Dr.Teeth

What do they mean, "only on their forms" if I recall correctly, they have to comply with all forms of data rentetion, paper, computer, recorded calls, if you request all these.
    Check the Data Protection Commissioner website, maybe your wording was off enough for them not to comply.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

MOD:
    You've asked this same question over in Legal Discussion where I think it's best suited anyway. No need for multiple threads.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement