Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about HEAR Scheme

Options
  • 12-01-2015 7:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭

Hi,

I have a question about the HEAR Scheme. I understand that you need to be below a certain income to qualify, but I'm unsure whether or not my mother's income is assessed. She's currently a carer and gets paid a carers allowance. For SUSI this is taken as disregarded income, however I can't find out if this is the same for HEAR. Does anyone have any idea whether or not it's counted? Would it hurt if I put up an application anyways (I qualify for most of the other indicators)?

Thank you.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,140 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

No harm at all put in an application. If the entirety of your mother's income is a carer's allowance it should be within any limits.

Advertisement